“Great stop. ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oxford
Kings Park, New York
“Great stop. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Pouring rain and construction forced us to stop earlier than planned. We checked trip advisor and found this Comfort Inn. It is a pleasant and friendly place. Nice look to lobby, room very clean, 24 hr. coffee pot. Breakfast was included and had a waffle maker and cooked fresh eggs to order. Definitely a good stop on a long day.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
shirley_julian, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hello, I am Shirley Julian, HR Manager for the Comfort Inn & Suites, Oxford, NC. I really appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. It means a lot to us to hear that we succeeded in making your stay an enjoyable one. I am so glad you enjoyed your MTO eggs! We hope that you will come again and see us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I started staying at this hotel a couple fo months ago. They were in the transition of upgrading and new staff. I have seen a wonderful improvment in my stay. I need to stay in Oxford to do business, and not have or want to drive to Henderson to get a 'decent' hotel. You already have one now in Oxford. "Why go out for hamburger, when you got steak at home?"
PS my eggs were cooked to perfection! Not easy with me!
The Manager Shripal is a 'class act' and totally 'customer focued."... along with his staff Tish, Kim and the new cooks! This is a lost art in today's society.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello, I am Shirley Julian, HR Manager for the Comfort Inn & Suites, Oxford, NC. I really appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. It means a lot to us to hear that we succeeded in making your stay an enjoyable one. We are trying to turn it up in Oxford and am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will come again and see us soon.
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Memorial Day...I was traveling on I-95N when my babies decided "I need to go to the restroom...yes, I'm 6mos pregnant with twins. I stopped at exit 202 and attempted to use the restrooms at the hotels rather then a gas station and was told they were not open to the public. I then asked again but this time telling the staff that I was pregnant and it was now becoming urgent. I was told I could become a guest and be able to use the bathroom in the room. REALLY!! As furious as I became, I got back in my car and traveled to the next exit (204) not knowing of any hotels. I saw the Comfort Inn & Suites and approached the front desk. There was a service rep name Ms. Kim, who was very welcoming, friendly, and ready to assist. Ms. Kim, not knowing my situation allowed me to use the restroom and then extended that service to my two younger boys. I don't normally write reviews but in this case I felt the need too. This may seem small to someone because I didn't physically stay there but in my future travels I will...all due to Ms. Kim giving/extending true customer service to someone who was not a customer. GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE GOES A LONG WAY!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alisha S
shirley_julian, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello this is Shirley, Manager at the Comfort Inn of Oxford. Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed stopping by our hotel
We are looking forward to providing you pleasant accommodations and service the next time you decide to stay!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Needed to get off highway due to storm and found staff very friendly (Kim) at front desk. Without reservation everything went very smoothly. Room and bath spotless. Breakfast fresh with many choices. Checkout painless with bill slipped under door during the night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shirley j, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello, I am Shripal Doctor, Director of Operations for the Comfort Inn & Suites, Oxford, NC. I really appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. It means a lot to us to hear that we succeeded in making your stay an enjoyable one and that Kim greeted you with a smile. I truly appreciate in your letting me know. I am very happy to hear that the staff treated you with our "Southern Hospitality"! We hope that you will come again and see us soon.
Souderton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I were on a business trip and stopped here on our way home around 11 pm. The man at the front desk was very friendly and shared all the perks of the hotel. They have a complimentary hot breakfast with eggs being made to order and belgian waffles. They also offer Starbucks coffee at any time of the day. The ladies who checked us out, Pat and Kim were very friendly as well and made our stay a friendly one. The beds were super comfortable, however what would make this a five is their bathroom. While it was fine, it could have been a slight more cleaner, otherwise we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shirley j, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello, I am Shripal Doctor, Director of Operations for the Comfort Inn & Suites, Oxford, NC. I really appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. It means alot to us to hear that we succeeded in making your stay an enjoyable one. We are very pleased that you choose our hotel and that the staff was professional! We hope that you will come again and see us soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Great customer service friendly knowledgeable staff. we had an amazing time. the hotel was just renovated, they had a different fresh breakfast everyday. the hotel was warm and inviting. it was a great vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shirley_julian, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hello this is Shirley, Manager at the Comfort Inn of Oxford. Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town!
Rockville, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Probably 3.5 stars is more accurate than 3 stars. Like LAS12211, my husband and I were forced to stop here due to bad weather and roads (we were probably there the same night). Normally I never stay at a hotel without researching reviews on Trip Advisor, but this time we had to make a split decision to get off the highway and stop at the closest place, so we weren't expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised to find a welcoming and helpful staff, pleasant lobby, and a large room (probably a suite room since it had a living area as well as a king bed) at a reasonable price. The bed was very comfortable and we had a much-needed good night's sleep. Although overall the room needed updating and some maintenance, the bathroom layout was good (including having a long counter and towel racks, which some fancier hotels no longer have). The shower had good water pressure and temperature. One problem was a lack of good light in the living area.
The complimentary breakfast included a good variety of hot and cold items--not great quality but no worse than some fancier hotels.
Though it's unlikely we will be in this area again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here if we were.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shirley_julian, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hello this is Shirley, Manager at the Comfort Inn of Oxford. Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. I am very proud of them during the "ice storm" and am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Sleep Inn
Econo Lodge Creedmoor - Butner
Econo Lodge - Henderson
Econo Lodge - Henderson
#5 of 9 in Henderson

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!