“Great Hotel when Nothing is available on I 95...even though its 12 miles off of the highway.”

Holiday Inn Express Pembroke
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pembroke
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Nice clean hotel with a late checkout- 12:00pm. Stayed in a King bed suite bc the doubles were booked. In fact about 10 other hotels between Florence, NC to Pembroke that are right off of 95 were booked!! Busy travel Easter weekend! Grateful to have found this place bc we'd rather drive several more miles away to stay here again than stay at a Budget motel or Super 8. You know the quality and cleanliness of this chain hotel. This looked brand new. The King bed was extremely comfortable. The sofa bed not so much, but understandable. Continental breakfast was decent. Would stay again if driving to and from to Florida again if nothing was available closer to 95 exits.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank hokie4beach

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed at HI Express in Pembroke for a funeral. We were allowed to check in early and also check out late at no extra charge. We were even given a funeral discount upon check in!! The room was very big, nice, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was a lot better than most hotels and so convenient.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I travel quite a bit, but this was the first time I had my dog with me. When I decided to take a road trip to visit my sister in Florida, I needed to find a hotel that would take dogs. After seeing the ridiculous rates charged by a hotel in the Marriott chain ($150.00/night FOR THE DOG!) I saw the Holiday Inn Express in Pembroke ($10.00?). I was thrilled and booked a room. When I arrived I found a nice clean lobby and an extremely friendly staff who were welcoming to both my dog and to me and was directed to a room on the upper floor. Unfortunately, my feeling of ease ended there. I found that I had been assigned a room on a floor that was apparently housing a crew of itinerant road workers - all pretty rough-looking men. As a female traveling alone, I felt really uneasy being the only woman on the elevator and on the same floor with these guys. The room also had an unpleasant odor that I would associate with sweaty guys in residence. I realize that I can't be too picky when traveling with a dog, but a feeling of safety is pretty important. I suspect that if I had been traveling with my husband without a dog both the room and the feel of the stay would have been very different, since the hotel seemed to be very new, clean and pleasant overall.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Nice to see a new, clean, accomodating Holiday Inn after miles of back roads. A mile from the hotel if you came in the way I did you would never expect to see this hotel. Staff is friendly, gym with weight machine, clean beds, warm showers and the place looks new and clean. Expect nothing less from this Holiday Inn that you would any other. Aside from hotel, not much to eat nearby....but it may be a KFC kinda night anyways! Will stay here again if over this way on my weekly overnights in NC, SC and GA.

Room Tip: No fridge in my king, may be one in the double queen rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while in tour. The rooms were huge and the beds were comfortable. The gentleman at reception made checking in 14 people very quick and easy. The Free Breakfast in the morning was more than a simple continental breakfast. Hot eggs, sausage, gravy and biscuits. The only issue is that the hotel was in the middle of no where.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Very nice property and will be my "go-to" hotel when in the lumberton area. Lumberton hotels are awful. It was such a pleasure to find this one!
It's a little off the beaten path but in a nice quiet area. Hotel is very clean and new.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Stayed there during UNC Pembroke's homecoming. First visit to Pembroke and was impressed with the character and relative amenities of the small town.

The hotel was located in close proximity to the UNCP campus. Nice property and looked very new. There is no large hotel sign at the road or looming in the sky. The closest indicia you will get is the Holiday Inn Express logo and wording on the side of the hotel itself. This should be easily seen at night since the 3-story hotel sits in an area of relative flatland with no buildings to obscure it.

Entire hotel is appointed in UNCP colors of black and gold. Rooms are nice with flat panel tv, work station, lounge with ottoman. Bathroom is well-lit and has very nice faux marble sink/counter area. The room door seems to close or shut a bit louder than one would like. The walls and ceilings are a bit thin as you can hear snoring, dogs, and other sounds from neighboring rooms. At one point we were able to hear the guests above us as they walked--but it could have been some heavy walking--across the floor. And you should seek a room on the front side of the hotel if you wish to avoid the sound of passing railroad trains----track seems to be most audible when on the rear side of hotel.

Hotel has free wireless Internet and nice lobby area. Breakfast buffet is a nice touch but not quite an Embassy Suites-like full breakfast buffet. There is scrambled egg, sausage, biscuits, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, bagels and pastries, and juice.

All in all this property is good. It may be the only hotel in Pembroke and will get plenty of customers based on this alone. However there are a few improvements to be made that will result in the hotel being endorsed based solely on its reputation. I will also submit that the price seemed a bit much---room rate of approximately $128.00 for a Saturday night stay---but I realize it was UNCP homecoming weekend. This hotel is definitely worth the visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrueTripInfo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg
SpringHill Suites Lumberton
Quality Inn Dillon
Quality Inn Dillon
#2 of 7 in Dillon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pembroke? Share your experiences!