“Wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn Express Pembroke”

Holiday Inn Express Pembroke
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pembroke
North Carolina
“Wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn Express Pembroke”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

This is a newer hotel, nicely decorated, clean and has a fantastic staff! We stayed here for a baseball tournament at UNC Pembroke, and we were pleasantly surprised with the location and quality. There are no other hotels nearby, and this hotel was beyond good. Our room was large, the beds were a little soft for my taste, but everything else was terrific! We would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Ever feel like you are the hotel's only customer? Like to be treated with smiles and a genuine warm welcome? Want to hear as you leave, "Thanks again!"

This property in the little town of Pembroke, NC, just west of Lumberton, NC, is one of those exceptional gems of hospitality. The people just like to see you, want you to feel welcomed, and want you to return...soon, if you please. My recommendation: It's well worth going a bit out of your way to stay here.

I visited 11 IHG (parent company of Holiday Inn Express) hotels for a total of 17 nights on the my spring road trip, and this one tied as being the best, most enjoyable stay. Almost universally, the HIX product is of high quality featuring the pool, exercise room, breakfast room with hot, fresh foods, free parking, spacious welcoming lobby, etc. The rooms themselves are clean and well maintained, many with micros and refrigerators. I like the consistency of this high-quality product. As HI used to say decades ago, "The best surprise is no surprise." I would change it to "Our hospitality is consistently high quality."

There were no issues whatsoever at this property. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves at work, from the front desk managers and clerks to the lady planting the summer flowers at the entrance outdoors. The breakfast lady checks to make sure you have everything you need to have a great start to the day.

The accommodations are standard HI Express, nice mattresses, LCD TVs, free wifi, lots of adjacent electrical outlets, full bath with amenities, plenty of soft absorbent towels and wash cloths, etc. It was well maintained and spotless.

I found out while I was there that Pembroke is predominately a native American community, without casino, thank goodness. For being such a small town, it has a great self-serve car wash and plenty of "average Joe" restaurants to meet your tastes. If ever in the area again, I will be sure to return.

That "thanks again" I heard gently shouted by the front desk manager as the automatic sliding doors closed demonstrated the hospitality and warmth of the Holiday Inn Express Pembroke.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in May 2013 for a wedding. The hotel is quite new and very nice. The rooms were modern and clean. Free breakfast was included and had a nice variety of choices. Employees were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Was in pembroke for business and pleasantly surprised that the HI X was of such a high caliber. Staff was super friendly and accommodating. Of course, everyone is nice in Pembroke so I am not surprised!

• Stayed April 2013
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Nice clean hotel with a late checkout- 12:00pm. Stayed in a King bed suite bc the doubles were booked. In fact about 10 other hotels between Florence, NC to Pembroke that are right off of 95 were booked!! Busy travel Easter weekend! Grateful to have found this place bc we'd rather drive several more miles away to stay here again than stay at a Budget motel or Super 8. You know the quality and cleanliness of this chain hotel. This looked brand new. The King bed was extremely comfortable. The sofa bed not so much, but understandable. Continental breakfast was decent. Would stay again if driving to and from to Florida again if nothing was available closer to 95 exits.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank hokie4beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed at HI Express in Pembroke for a funeral. We were allowed to check in early and also check out late at no extra charge. We were even given a funeral discount upon check in!! The room was very big, nice, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was a lot better than most hotels and so convenient.

• Stayed February 2013
West Chester, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

I travel quite a bit, but this was the first time I had my dog with me. When I decided to take a road trip to visit my sister in Florida, I needed to find a hotel that would take dogs. After seeing the ridiculous rates charged by a hotel in the Marriott chain ($150.00/night FOR THE DOG!) I saw the Holiday Inn Express in Pembroke ($10.00?). I was thrilled and booked a room. When I arrived I found a nice clean lobby and an extremely friendly staff who were welcoming to both my dog and to me and was directed to a room on the upper floor. Unfortunately, my feeling of ease ended there. I found that I had been assigned a room on a floor that was apparently housing a crew of itinerant road workers - all pretty rough-looking men. As a female traveling alone, I felt really uneasy being the only woman on the elevator and on the same floor with these guys. The room also had an unpleasant odor that I would associate with sweaty guys in residence. I realize that I can't be too picky when traveling with a dog, but a feeling of safety is pretty important. I suspect that if I had been traveling with my husband without a dog both the room and the feel of the stay would have been very different, since the hotel seemed to be very new, clean and pleasant overall.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Comfort Inn Lumberton
#2 of 5 in Laurinburg
Fairfield Inn Lumberton
Fairfield Inn Lumberton
#4 of 23 in Lumberton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pembroke? Share your experiences!