The Pinehurst Wine Festival at Pinehurst, NC was not up to par this year as compared to past years. The festival has been shortened and not as many vendors were represented this year. They need to extend this wonderful festival back at least one day and include more vendors. It seems to me that in years past they had over a hundred vendors represented. They also need to promote more food activities, as this is billed as both a food and wine festival. The one lunch and learn luncheon was great and very informative. We want to learn more about cooking, preparing foods, and wine pairing. I would rate the overall experience as a "B" this year. The standard had been set in the past, they need to return to those high standards again. Hopefully the next one in 2012 will be better than this years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Some say you can feel the spirit of Pinehurst as you turn onto Carolina Vista, the tree-lined avenue that leads to the Carolina hotel. This majestic century-old hotel with its signature copper cupola and sweeping verandas make you feel as though you’ve stepped back in time to an era when elegance defined grand hotels and resorts. Dubbed the “Queen of the South,” the Carolina has 274 Four-Diamond guest rooms including suites.Pinehurst Resort features nine golf courses, an award-winning Spa, a charming village, tennis, beach club and other amenities including an active Kids Club. Kids 12 and under stay and play golf free when staying in the same room as the parents. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your The Carolina Hotel - Pinehurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carolina - Pinehurst Hotel Pinehurst
- Pinehurst Hotel And Country
- Pinehurst Resort And Country