This is a stately hotel. It is large, but the staff is very friendly and welcoming. We had a large room and adjoining living room. The rooms are not as elegant as you'd find at a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, but they are much larger and very comfortable. The hotel is very well maintained and the area is beautiful. The restaurant was just okay, but we were very out of season. The breakfast is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Some say you can feel the spirit of Pinehurst as you turn onto Carolina Vista, the tree-lined avenue that leads to the Carolina hotel. This majestic century-old hotel with its signature copper cupola and sweeping verandas make you feel as though you’ve stepped back in time to an era when elegance defined grand hotels and resorts. Dubbed the “Queen of the South,” the Carolina has 274 Four-Diamond guest rooms including suites.Pinehurst Resort features eight golf courses, an award-winning Spa, a charming village, tennis, beach club and other amenities inlcuding an active Kids Club. Kids 12 and under stay and play golf free when staying in the same room as the parents. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Carolina - Pinehurst Hotel Pinehurst
- Pinehurst Hotel And Country
- Pinehurst Resort And Country