All reviews pinehurst resort great golf breakfast buffet ryder cup golf package the main hotel southern charm playing golf grand hotel pro shop spa treatments great resort rocking chairs golf courses are business conference shuttle service donald ross
Reviewed 24 June 2018

My wife and I stayed at The Carolina Hotel for a few days recently, dining in a number of the resort’s restaurants and each taking in spa treatments on two days.

Much of what we experienced was superior. But the “service charge” of 18% applied to meals and spa services was a mystery. So we asked what is included in the charge and how the amount is divided among those rendering the services and administrative functions. The people who tried responding to our questions were tongue-tied, and we never received a clear answer.

We do not expect to return due to the opaqueness of this charge. We generally want any extras above the charge for services to go to those who are serving us. This may not be the case here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

This was my second stay in Pinehurst at the Carolina Inn. I don’t like the city or the hotel. First off all their hotels are old. They are dark and the paint is peeling off the buildings. They smell like a bad rated nursing home. They have bugs and everyone smokes cigars. It’s rank! The valet staff is useless. They don’t have Security cameras and say, “nothing happens here.” Check out Moore County’s crime rate, the drug issue and gang rate. I beg to differ guys. They put me in their sister property first which was a dungeon and the cleaning staff was even running from the bugs. Biggest bugs I’ve seen. The vents have dust build up an inch thick. On top of it, my credit card was charged for a snack and a bottle water that had a custom label that was brought with me. They didn’t even carry the snack or brand of water. They proceed to explain it was in the trash can in my room. Well for the love of God, where was I supposed to put it? Next time I’ll throw it away in the lobby. Geez... all the restaurants on the hotel property cooks without seasoning. Seriously I have found better nursing homes that was nicer than this old run down buildings. My clothes and luggage smelled old and musty. The halls reeked and were musty. At least they should be serving bland food and didn’t reek of cigar smoke when visiting patients. The floors creeped when anyone walked by your room door. The town is limited on restaurants if you want to eat off the property.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Luvtotravel2016
mchriscoe, Guest Relations Manager at The Carolina Hotel - Pinehurst Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

We're sorry to hear your had a negative experience as that does not reflect the high standards we set for ourselves and our team. We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to gather additional information about your stay and address these concerns. Please feel free to contact us at 910.295.6811, we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We always enjoy staying here. There are beautiful golf courses, even a par 3 course, a wonderful spa, lovely pools and a couple of restaurants. The tiny town is cute and the entire resort peaceful and quiet.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvia315
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Everything about Pinehurst is top notch! We ended up playing #2, 7, and 9. Three outstanding courses. The facilities were amazing and the staff was great. From the moment we got off the plane to taking off we felt like everyone was there to insure we had a great time. The breakfast at the Holly Inn was the best I ever had and our two meals at the Deuce were outstanding. If you get the opportunity get the world famous Burger Dog on #9. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Our American Singles Golf Association National Organization negotiated the 4 days/3 nights which was great. Love Pinehurst Resort for its hospitality and service and of course the great golf. Thanks. I would recommend this trip.

Room Tip: Great golf courses.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends