“No Thanks!”

Elliott's on Linden
Reserve with OpenTable
Elliott's on Linden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Pinehurst
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 5
Description: Elliotts On Linden is a fine yet casual dining restaurant with a gourmet, farm to table philosophy. Perfect for romantic evenings, special occasions, and business meetings, Elliotts provides a relaxing yet elegant atmosphere. The casual side of Elliotts, The Roost, offers a full bar and dining menu. We're a favorite among the locals. Come check us out.
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I had dinner at this restaurant on New Year's Eve. We made reservations ahead of time, and were told that there was plenty of seating. When we arrived, we were seated at a cramped bar table. I was disappointed, and felt that we should have been told ahead of time that the bar tables were the only seats available. It took about 15 minutes for us to see the waitress for the first time. After she gave us our drinks, we didn't see her again until we got our check. I had to ask the guy who brought us out our appetizer for napkins, since we didn't have any when we received bread. The food tasted well, but the prices are high. We got an appetizer for $14 that only had 2 scallops (really, only 2 but they tasted great), a bottle of reisling for $22 (That's a good price), I believe my ny strip was about $27 (chewy but had a good flavor), and my husband got some type of chicken dish (he liked it). The bill came to about $100. We do love that all the ingredients are from local farms, so we do expect the prices to be raised a bit. Being from NC, we eat alot at restaurants that uses local products. At the end of the night, we asked the waitress to take a picture, but she couldn't figure out how to hold down the button properly. We realized, it wasn't worth taking a photo of this experience anyway. I agree with all of the comments below, that the restaurant has potential but lacks on service.

1  Thank Dani2414
Mark E, Owner at Elliott's on Linden, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

I wanted to personally reach out to you regarding your negative experience dining at Elliotts on Linden, in Pinehurst. We clearly did not meet our own standards, which concerns me greatly. I encourage you to stop by again; mention this experience when you're booking your reservation and we'll make a note on the system that your next two entrees are on me.

With warm wishes, and sincerely hoping to see you again,

Mark Elliott

There are newer reviews for Elliott's on Linden

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I would travel two hours just to eat here again! Best place in Pine hurst, better than the Pine hurst hotel Carolina Diner. Beautiful glass wall, long wait and pricy but so worth it. I had truffle infused macaroni; a truly unique experience. The chef even came out and talked with us for over 15 minutes and he also talked to other tables. Lovely decor and Eco friendly feel, one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

As a couple, we decided to give Elliott's on Linden another chance for our small lunch celebration - and once again it fell short. This restaurant has so much going for it : good food, great location, clearly the best of intentions - but it just can't quite make it. The owner is a well-known local personality, with several ventures around town, and it does seem that he may well be spreading himself too thin and compromising his standards. We are sure he would have found it unsatisfactory that, on a day when there were only a handful of tables occupied for lunch, we had to wait 40 mins. between the starter and the main course. The staff were pleasant enough and the food very good, but there has been evidence of underlying disorganization on each of our visits.
We rent our home and have recommended Elliott's as a local restaurant to visit, but we must reconsider if this might prove an embarrassment in the future. We sincerely hope for the best for this establishment.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We decided to go to Elliott's to celebrate our friend returning from a deployment and almost had the night ruined by our bad experience at this restaurant.

We had reserved a table but arrived early so we sat down at the bar where a grumpy bar tender ignored us for 15 minutes until we politely asked for drink menus. He handed us one menu and when we asked for additional menus, it seemed like a major operation for them to locate two more. We ordered three different cocktails - all of them extremely sweet and unbalanced so unless you like your drinks sugary sweet, stay away from their cocktails.

I asked the bar tender if he could take a photo of us which he denied! He said he was too busy. Really? Holding a camera for 5 seconds and pushing one button?

When the rest of the party arrived (we were six) the waitress seated us on a very small table. It felt very crammed and uncomfortable. It took forever for our drinks to come out and the wine I ordered never showed up. It was impossible to flag down the waitress as she was either rushing by or completely out of sight for long periods of time. I ended up ordering directly from the bar.

We had to wait 1.5h for our entrees to come out and half of them weren't cooked to order.
My friends burger was undercooked, my ravioli were definitely undercooked and terribly salty. On top of that, I had ordered from the appetizer menu and asked the waitress if they could serve an entree size portion. She ensured me that the appetizer portion was very generous so there wasn't any need to double the portion. When my order finally came out, I had four ravioli on my plate after close to two hours of waiting! Plus two out of six entrees came out with a 10 minute delay which means four of us had their food get cold before we could all eat together.

The entire place seemed completely disorganized and chaotic. We even had to ask for a water refill.

Before we left, I was handed a paper bag with another portion of my ravioli - at least the waitress realized she had made a terrible recommendation. They offered us free desserts but we just wanted to leave at that point.

Won't be returning to Elliott's and cannot recommend this place to anyone.

Mark E, Owner at Elliott's on Linden, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Ms_Sunshine_DE,

I am truly appalled by the service you received at my restaurant, and have replaced the bartender, who failed to meet our standards in every way. I sincerely hope you’ll give us a chance to remedy your experience in January or February, or when you’re next travelling through town. We were aware that we failed you regarding the burger but were wholly unaware of the other compounding issues with your evening and truly apologize. If you call the restaurant and explain your situation, we hope to treat you to a memorable Elliotts experience, on us.
My sincerest apologies,
Mark Elliott

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Varied menu, something to appeal to every taste. Entres featured an interesting mixture of flavors and textures. Only complaint - chicken was slightly overlooked. Beautiful presentation of food. Warm ambience, lively discussions / noise level but not overpowering.

1  Thank Sean R