All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesplaying golfgolf groupolive gardenpool and hot tubsmall refrigerator and microwavegolf vacationquality hotelseveral times a yearcomfortable place to staybit datedrecent staysleeping areagolf courses arenice breakfastnice hotel
Reviewed 23 March 2017

4 of us checked into two rooms for a 5 night golf vacation at Springhill Suites in Pinehurst, North Carolina, last week. When trying to unpack, we immediately noticed that there was no dresser / chest of drawers in the room. I went to the desk and inquired as to why. The clerk at the desk said that dressers are not included in the Marriott service level. WHAT! The room otherwise was pretty typical and the included breakfast was pretty good and the bed was comfortable. I don't get it. NO DRAWERS?

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Thank you for your comments as we take all feedback and try our best to correct any issues. Yes, it is true that upon our last renovation, Marriott decided not to incorporate a dresser or chest of drawers in the guest rooms. We do try our best to accommodate all of our guests and understand how it can be frustrating not to have everything you need in your guest room. Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I judge a hotel on 3 things: Quality of overall hotel amenities, Quality of the people, and the quality of the gym. Gym was small but adequate - partnership with Gold's is a big plus. People were very nice and polite - Marriott's usually do a good job with this. The bed was fine, but the walls allowed a lot of noise from the street (and the room next door) in my room. Thank heaven's it wasn't a couple or a group of teens - just a guy with a bad cough.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Loved staying at SpringHill. Rooms were very clean and well stocked. The bathroom was a little small, but worked out ok. Very clean linens, great pillows. We had a small living room area which was wonderful to unwind and relax. The only negative thing I have (which may not bother most people) is there was a huge light right outside our window. We tried a couple times to work on the drapes to block out the excess light, but to no avail. Would stay here again, but would request a room without the spotlight. lol

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a spot light :)
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank thehudsons0505
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Staff is friendly, breakfast was excellent, rooms are outdated, housekeeping was done only once and because I requested. The second night Grace was kind and change us to another room still housekeeping seemed to allways skip our room. I allways choose a Marriot to spend Christmas in NC and booked two rooms. My first and last time at Springhill suites at Pinehurst

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
General M, Area Manager at SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We can understand how frustrating it can be not to have been explained our Holiday Housekeeping services. Please accept our sincere apology for the misunderstanding. We do hope that you will visit us in the future.

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

I was greeted by a very friendly staff when I checked in after a long day of driving. My room was large and clean. Pillows and sheets were awesome. Breakfast was wonderful. Lots of choices both hot and cold.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business