All reviews room was clean waffles playing golf golf group olive garden pool and hot tub small refrigerator and microwave golf vacation quality hotel several times a year comfortable place to stay bit dated recent stay sleeping area golf courses are nice breakfast nice hotel
Reviewed 29 May 2017

This is a great place to met family and friends for some golf,shopping, enjoying good food and family fun. It starts with a great pair of ladies to welcome you in and get you settled in you room. Virginia and Shayla are great at their jobs of getting you in your rooms and making sure you have everything you need. In the morning you will find a wonderful breakfast waiting for you with eggs, sausage,waffle,yogurt,fruit and a assortment of muffins and sweet bread, with a wonderful lady with a great smile Jarcymia keeping it stocked with fresh food and tables clean and very inviting.
You are a short drive from great shopping, wonderful restaurant ( Olive Garden, Outback, Red Bowl, and a great choice of fast food) You will also find several parks with playgrounds for the kidos to play on within a short drive. The hotel has a hot tube and a pool, and a red light to help you with getting in and out. You are within a 8 to 10 minute drive of some great golf.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2017

We just stayed one night; we were in town for a one day seminar at PInehurst CC. Our room was next to the elevator which was nice as we never heard it ding and it made for a short walk. Our room was handicap accessible and very large. We utilized the mini fridge and sink area and the desk was adequate. The beds were comfortable, nothing spectacular. The front desk staff was engaging and very friendly. The breakfast was good. Here's the BUT.... we wanted a cab to take us to Southern Pines to a pub and restaurant, so we asked the front desk for a cab number. We called the number they gave us and in ten minutes, up rolls about a 12 passenger van. There were two of us. The driver was nice enough until he told us it was going to be $20 to take us to Southern Pines, 2.5 miles (google map) in no traffic!!! We baulked then the man said he made a mistake; it was going to be $15. We later came to find out that the van "stays" at the hotel, presumably taking golfers to their destinations, although it was not a Marriott van. Moral of the story: don't ask the front desk for a cab; you'll get the kickback cab company and pay out of your wazoo.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank SueLovesDuke
Reviewed 2 May 2017

I didn't mind no dressers--I live out of my suitcase anyway; I didn't mind no daily maid service--I always keep the "do not disturb" sign on the door--altho I think they provide daily maid service, I just don't need it--I can hang up my own towel and make my own bed & keep the room tidy; BUT THE SHEETS!? I believe I saw in another review a complaint about the sheets...waking up with sheets OFF the bed because they're ill-fitting...argh...actually left early because of this. I could've asked for a better sheet but I suspect they're all lousy as my sister's sheet did the same thing. Everything else was nice...great outdoor pool & hot tub...excellent front desk staff...fairly new manager who was very friendly--altho when I checked in a day early, I was soaked for $150 for that night when the other nights were $110--reason given "oh, we're almost totally booked." Um...so that means since I'm staying three nights and wanted an additional night...you rob me? Never heard of such a thing. Went on to Virginia and booked an additional night and it was the same cost. HUH!

Room Tip: check the sheets!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Debbie P, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered during your recent stay at the Springhill Suites in Pinehurst NC. I have discussed everything with all the appropriate departments to insure that these issues do not occur again. However it blackened your stay at our hotel, and for that I am truly sorry.

We care about our guests at the Springhill Suites, and I hate it when there is ever a problem with one of our guests. I was embarrassed to have encountered such a problem with you and I will do everything in my power to ensure it does not happen again. I know this does not help you, but I just wanted to let you know.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

4 of us checked into two rooms for a 5 night golf vacation at Springhill Suites in Pinehurst, North Carolina, last week. When trying to unpack, we immediately noticed that there was no dresser / chest of drawers in the room. I went to the desk and inquired as to why. The clerk at the desk said that dressers are not included in the Marriott service level. WHAT! The room otherwise was pretty typical and the included breakfast was pretty good and the bed was comfortable. I don't get it. NO DRAWERS?

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Thank you for your comments as we take all feedback and try our best to correct any issues. Yes, it is true that upon our last renovation, Marriott decided not to incorporate a dresser or chest of drawers in the guest rooms. We do try our best to accommodate all of our guests and understand how it can be frustrating not to have everything you need in your guest room. Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I judge a hotel on 3 things: Quality of overall hotel amenities, Quality of the people, and the quality of the gym. Gym was small but adequate - partnership with Gold's is a big plus. People were very nice and polite - Marriott's usually do a good job with this. The bed was fine, but the walls allowed a lot of noise from the street (and the room next door) in my room. Thank heaven's it wasn't a couple or a group of teens - just a guy with a bad cough.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business