“Love this place”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Pinehurst
Elizabethtown
“Love this place”
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Stayed at this pinehurst nc location lastbweek for a golf trip with friends and it was amazing! Staff was beyond friendly and courteous and the rooms are so roomy. After a long day of golf it was awesome to be able to sit in the hot tub and relax! The breakfast there is great and gets u ready for the day ahead! Looking forward to going back and staying in September!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
sfinnell, Admin at SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
Dear Joecarte: Thanks so much for the great review. We love to share with our team that their courteous and friendly behavior is recognized! See you in September!

Kevin Barbour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Stayed there last week and had not only an amazing trip but the outdoor hot tub was AMAZING after golf rounds. The breakfasts were great and the staff was above and beyond friendly and courteous. Will stay there again next time and the rooms were HUGE and slept wondefully. I miss the beds now :)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Boom: Thanks for your awesome review. We agree that our beds are comfy...glad that you liked it. Hope your golf game was a good one. See you the next time you're in town

Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Kid-friendly without being noisy, the SpringHill Suites was just perfect for our recent Pinehurst family weekend getaway. This was my first experience with the brand, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The room was clean and spacious, the ammenities were nice, the wifi was free and fast, and the location was great. The best surprise was the bountiful breakfast! There were so many hot and cold options, including yogurt and make your own waffles, takeaway cups for coffee, and best of all, everything was fresh.

In our hurry to start our day, we left behind my son's library book when we checked out. I was pleased with how quickly it was returned to us and the care that was given to keep it for us. I've been at 4-star resorts where left behind items simply disappear. Good service is more important than fancy flat panel TVs (which you won't find here). I will look for other SpringHill Suites for future getaways.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for posting a review! I'm happy to report that we now have flat panel TV's in all of our suites! I appreciate your comments about our friendly staff and will share your nice review with the whole team. SpringHill Suites are terrific hotels all across the country so we definitely encourage you to check them out. Hope to see you again soon

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I was a little hesitant about staying in this establishment because Priceline has it listed as 2.5 stars, but I believe that is because the hotel is older. You can tell that the hotel has had some renovations and the interior carpets are nice. The hotel was clean and the room is spacious. Again, it is not up to the standards of newer hotel suites but it is nice.

The room included 2 double (I believe, not queen) beds and a pull out couch. Also a mini fridge, microwave and sink. There is a pool and fitness center. Being in a golfing area they also have a putting green. There is no wi-fi in the room. There are computers that are able to be used in the lobby.

Breakfast is included (Continental, with warm selections like eggs, sausage (pork), grits, bagels and waffles).
The hotel is not far from the hospital, which is why we were there. Also, not far from eating establishments and shopping.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
dheinlein, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines, responded to this review, 14 December 2010
Thank you for your review nickl10! We appreciate hearing from you and are sorry to hear you were in town to visit the hospital; hope all is well. Should you decide to return on a golf vacation; we'd love to see you again!

Yours truly,
Kevin Barbour, General Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I liked this hotel because I felt safe there - which is important to me when I travel alone. It was also nice, and the bath tub was very clean so I was able to enjoy a bath in it. The rooms are good size (2 double beds + pull out couch), so it's a great place to stay if you're traveling with a family. It had everything I needed + a microwave and mini-fridge. Breakfast included sausage and eggs along with some fresh fruits., yogurt varieties, and a waffle maker. I was only at breakfast briefly, so I didn't get a good look at what all was offered. Great place to stay when in the Pinehurst area. It was a little difficult to find at first though, as the sign is hidden behind some trees.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Dear luv2trav3lva,

Thanks for your review and recommendation! We're glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!

Best regards, Kevin Barbour, General Manager
algiers la
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed five nights and enjoyed every one of them. An excellent value for a well laid out suite and an always smiling, helpful staff. A good included breakfast buffet. For a stay of a few days it is very nice to have a separate area for couch and computer desk. Excellent free wi fi. One of our party had health issues at the end of our stay and the staff went out of their way to be helpful and supportive. Overall an excellent and very pleasant experience. We'll be back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Roxboro NC
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Arrived on Sunday about 2:15 (check in is at 3:00 pm. First thing out of the desk clerk's mouth was a smart remark about the college logo basecap my partner was wearing (she was not that teams' supporter). Gave me a room key card with my name misspelled and when I questioned her about it, she looked on the registration and it was correct there - she had transposed it incorrectly. She had marked through the original room we had been assigned and when I said "are you giving us a better or a worse room due to the college team we support"...She laughed and said "No, that originial room was clean yet". When we got to our room, we had been given a handicap room. I'm use to a desk clerk asking if you mind getting a handicap room not just assigning you one. I didn't like it because I sometimes like a long bubble bath after traveling and this had the wheelchair/seat flat floor shower not a tub. If she had said the room was not ready and could we wait 30 minutes to an hour, I would have said fine. We could have gone to lunch, registered for our conference and then returned to the hotel. Needless to say, since we had already put our stuff in the room, I didn't ask about changing. Ice machine didn't work on that floor - never got fixed the week we were there. Hot tub was hot until the last night we were there. Swimming pool skimmer didn't do a very good job of keeping the pool looking clean.
The positives: Breakfast was good; good location to everything; quiet.
Spoke with management the next day about the handicap room and got a pat answer and the usual management question: What would you like for us todo?.....I said "Nothing, just thought you might like to suggest to your desk clerks they "ask" before the put someone in a handicap room - and I mentioned the other things like the hot tub not being hot, etc. and again he had excuses. Upon check out I was surprised that they didn't do anything "for me"; I had said I might stay and extra night and if he had said they would comp the room or give it at a reduced rate because of the other trouble I might have felt differently about the place. But not doing anything cemented my original thought that they are not customer service oriented.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank channingway
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinehurst
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#5 of 7 in Pinehurst
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Southern Pines Aberdeen
Hampton Inn & Suites Southern Pines-Pinehurst
Residence Inn Pinehurst Southern Pines

Been to SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines? Share your experiences!