“Old school hospitality”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pineola
Huskins Court and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pineola
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Clean, rustic and funky...reasonable rates. My partner and I stayed here on the recommendations from TA. We had originally booked one night but had the chance to get there a day early. The management were just finishing a bathroom renovation on a room so we got it for two nights. It's a great location (be careful pulling out onto 221!) and there's lots of parking. We were able to park both moto's right in front of our room. As depicted, the rooms had solid wood paneling and two beds. Just enough room for us and our stuff. The mattresses were fine, the bedding was something you might find at a friend's house which is exactly how we were greeted on arrival. Everyone was quite friendly and the rooms were clean. Our bathroom was well stocked and brand new. We especially liked the covered porch with rocking chairs. They also provide a gas grill, charcoal grill and fire pit for customer use. There was enough wood for a couple nights fire under the covered picnic area. I would suggest a bit of hedge trimming to make it easier to get there. Bottom Line: We liked it and will stay there again when we are up that way.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dolomoto

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Huskins Court and Cottages is a quaint hotel in Pineola, NC. The owners of this hotel are currently renovating and updating this space. They purchased this hotel last year and have been working on it since. It's very clean, quiet, and bug free. They have the softest towels you could possibly ask for when travelling! My only suggestion would be to update their mattresses and have their shower heads a bit higher. Me being 6'0" tall, I had to do a back bend to wash my hair. :) The mattresses aren't the best in the world, but they're not the worst either. They're soft. However, I'm used to a tempurpedic at home, so it was quite different for me.

Everyone was very nice to us. They brought us coffee every morning and offered nice creme and sugar. The owner would tell us stories about her life, and she was very sociable. She made us feel very welcome and safe. She even welcomed my dog. :)

I loved staying at this hotel, and we will be coming back! I can't wait to see what changes they'll make over the time we're away.

If you want to visit around Pineola, please try and book your stay here. It's definitely worth it!!

1  Thank Samantha S
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Rented the two bedroom cottage this past weekend and could not have been happier with the accommodations. The cottage was very clean and comfortable. The owner is the sweetest, friendliest person you could meet. We drove up from Florida and were unclear what time we would arrive. The owner was so sweet and advised me she would leave the porch light on in the cottage to just go on it and she would get with me sometime over the weekend for payment. It is refreshing in this chaotic world to know there are still kind hearted trusting business owners around. Their prices are very affordable and the kindest of the owners make this place a great place to stay. So much so that I have already made reservations to come back in the near future.

1  Thank Sabrina S
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My husband and I took our two young boys (Age 2, 9 months) to the mountains to enjoy Grandfather Mountain, Tweetsie, etc. We stayed at Huskins Court in the small cottage. When we arrived, we were met by Jerry and Mrs. Huskins. They were very friendly, welcoming, and accomodating. One day we came back so the boys could nap for a couple hours and Mrs Huskins was mowing the lawn. She offered to stop so they could sleep. Our boys sleep through anything so I told her to continue on, but she was so sweet to ask, and was eager to make sure our stay was a good one.

I would recommend this place to ANYONE who wants to stay in the area. Not to mention, it is ridiculously well priced!

1  Thank E S
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My wife and I accidentally managed to get Memorial Day off at the same time. So we decide to go on a micro-vacation. We packed a bag and decided to check out Grandfather Mountain. We took off toward NC with a little over 1/2 a tank at 10pm. My wife promptly passes out and I go into cruise mode. By the time we get to the Pineola, NC are the gas hand is dead on E. I hadn't seen an open gas station in a long time. I stop at a respectable looking inn and call the after hours number and inform the sleepy lady we have basically crash landed and need a room. She said "we're closed, Huskins a 1/2 mile up the road will take care of you." Ok? I say a prayer and fire the old Jeep up. We make it to Huskins and I am glad to see some neon. The inn keeper Juanita comes to the door at 1:30am and I tell her our story too. She shows us a room and we gladly settle in (without even asking how much). The next morning, she allows us to go get some cash (cash or check only establishment) on our honor without requiring us to leave anything. When we come back and pay she suggests a great restaurant and some local sites to see. Huskins Court and Cottages as a great part of our little adventure and I would stay here again.

The room:

Sure, the bed was firm (I liked the firm mattress, the wife liked not sleeping in a Jeep). The wood in the rooms looks great. The place seemed clean and well kept. Yes there are some old school wall heaters, but they heat up quickly. The price was unbeatable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua W
Reviewed 20 April 2013

What a warm and inviting place to stay! While on a recent business trip to Linville, N.C., we found ourselves late in the evening needing a place to stay for the night, perhaps two. Mrs Huskins, and Jerry were warm and accomodating for the late hour that it was. It was freezing out, but they prepared a pair of connecting suites for us that were already toasty warm when we walked in them. The units had all been recently renovated, and were very clean, and appointed with all the basic needs. We felt rescued for the night!. Thank you Jerry for being so attentive to making our stay as comfortable as possible. It was SNOWING outside Sunday morning, and Mrs Huskins brought over a whole pot of fresh coffee to our rooms. What a nice thing to do! The room rates were extremely reasonable. If you're looking for a comfortable place to stay in this lovely mountain town, you won't be disappointed here. Look for "Hobbs", the large, and friendly orange kitty-cat. He guards the property. Thank you Mrs Huskins and Jerry, for making our business trip seem more like a vacation! Can't wait to return. Stephanie, Audrey, & Mike --- Jacksonville, Florida

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mike d
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed here and rented the 2 bedroom large cottage. This is a quaint country property with very sincere and polite owners. The cottage was very clean and comfortable. We would stay here again. We had breakfast at the River Dog Cafe close by and was great, and for dinner we ate at The Italian Restaurant about 3/4 mile away and highly recommend. Overall a great location to explore the area and to enjoy the country quiet atmosphere. Reasonable too!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JTBR

Been to Huskins Court and Cottages? Share your experiences!