“Relaxed, Simple, Friendly”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pineola
Huskins Court and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pineola
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I came to the Pineola area for a friends wedding and decided to stay at Huskins Court and Cottages due to their fair pricing and the reviews that I saw on this website and others. All of the the reviews are accurate. Jerry and Juanita are fantastic people and extremely pleasant. They truly care about your time here and are willing to do just about anything to make your stay more comfortable. You won't find this kind of hospitality at the various motel chains that are plaguing this country.

The rooms are clean and simple. If you want granite counters and Jacuzzis in your room, this is not your place. This is a great spot to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and relax and read a book or whatever else your heart desires.

Additionally, Huskins is only about 10 minutes from Grandfather Mountain and 5 minutes from an access to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Hard to beat that.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nick C
There are newer reviews for Huskins Court and Cottages

Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I went up to the mountains to just get away from our way too busy lives. We went up on Friday about 5pm and were met with the old timey hospitality that you just don't get anymore. Juanita was cooking up some stir-fry and Jerry was outside to greet us. These two are the nicest people you could ever meet. It makes getting away worth getting away more often. The cottage was nice and cozy and with plenty of room for the price. Everything was well maintained, clean, and in order. The refridgerator was full of food and lots of fresh fruit [not to say this is the norm] and Juanita insisted that we help ourselves to anything that was there. We usually stay in a much bigger cabin when we go out of town but his is by far the best place we ever stayed. I will recommend this to anyone who wants to go somewhere and feel like you are at home. We talked with Juanita on several occasions during our stay and we just feel like she and Jerry are part of our family now. This is a quiet relaxing place to vacate. Thank you Juanita and Jerry for making our weekend worth leaving home. This is also a pet friendly court

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful and clean and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ronnie J
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I went up to NC for a quick weekend running adventure and stayed here for two nights. The rate was fantastic and the hospitality is even better (even the orange cat was welcoming!). The rooms are clean, comfortable and cozy. The surrounding area is so peaceful with Christmas tree farms, mountains, trails and waterfalls all close by. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ashley P
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Such nice owners!! Loved staying here. Had everything you needed. Clean room, very nice people and extremely affordable.
Great small getaway for me to do my artwork in the evenings and hiking during the day.
I will certainly be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank M M
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My family of four (kids ages 11 and 7) just spent the week staying in the small cottage at Huskins Court. The accommodations were simply perfect. Clean, rustic and quiet. 2 bedrooms, one bath and fully stocked kitchen. I was able to cook dinner most nights after very busy days of hiking, rafting, and caving. The owners have lived in the area all their lives and gave us info on all the local attractions, etc. They are so friendly! You also cannot beat the price. Our schedule didn't allow us to rent Saturday-Saturday and they allowed us to stay 5 nights at the height of the summer. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Leary15
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Clean, rustic and funky...reasonable rates. My partner and I stayed here on the recommendations from TA. We had originally booked one night but had the chance to get there a day early. The management were just finishing a bathroom renovation on a room so we got it for two nights. It's a great location (be careful pulling out onto 221!) and there's lots of parking. We were able to park both moto's right in front of our room. As depicted, the rooms had solid wood paneling and two beds. Just enough room for us and our stuff. The mattresses were fine, the bedding was something you might find at a friend's house which is exactly how we were greeted on arrival. Everyone was quite friendly and the rooms were clean. Our bathroom was well stocked and brand new. We especially liked the covered porch with rocking chairs. They also provide a gas grill, charcoal grill and fire pit for customer use. There was enough wood for a couple nights fire under the covered picnic area. I would suggest a bit of hedge trimming to make it easier to get there. Bottom Line: We liked it and will stay there again when we are up that way.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dolomoto
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Huskins Court and Cottages is a quaint hotel in Pineola, NC. The owners of this hotel are currently renovating and updating this space. They purchased this hotel last year and have been working on it since. It's very clean, quiet, and bug free. They have the softest towels you could possibly ask for when travelling! My only suggestion would be to update their mattresses and have their shower heads a bit higher. Me being 6'0" tall, I had to do a back bend to wash my hair. :) The mattresses aren't the best in the world, but they're not the worst either. They're soft. However, I'm used to a tempurpedic at home, so it was quite different for me.

Everyone was very nice to us. They brought us coffee every morning and offered nice creme and sugar. The owner would tell us stories about her life, and she was very sociable. She made us feel very welcome and safe. She even welcomed my dog. :)

I loved staying at this hotel, and we will be coming back! I can't wait to see what changes they'll make over the time we're away.

If you want to visit around Pineola, please try and book your stay here. It's definitely worth it!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineola
Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk
#2 of 5 in Marion
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock
#2 of 15 in Blowing Rock

Been to Huskins Court and Cottages? Share your experiences!