“Home away from home!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pineola
Huskins Court and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pineola
Denton, North Carolina
“Home away from home!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We came here to get a break from our busy life..Never knew what we would find. This place is awesome. we met some new friends, and the keepers of Huskins, Juanita and Jerry..wow, could not believe what we have found.They are old school in the fact that they believe your word means everything. First of all a deposit was not required, secondly when we got there our cottage was open and we were greeted with a warm smile and a hello.What surprised us the most we were told to go in the cottage and get refreshed before any money was taken..Juanita and Jerry made us feel important and was friendly..you could not ask for better people..the cottage is warm, clean and inviting..the location is right in the middle of everything. We pray the Lord will continue to bless this small piece of heaven tucked away in the mountains..Juanita and Jerry thank you for making our stay memorible and please keep on doing what you are doing..you guys are a blesssing and amazing...it was a honor to be apart of Huskins..Home away from home..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TDP0726

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Forest City
Reviewed 6 July 2014

An Old friend of mine and myself decided to explore the Linville area again, and instead of "ruffing it" as we did when we were young, we decided to get a room to stay at....and yes, we used the internet and found this Huskins Court and Cottages and it was Perfect!....We stayed there in October of 2014 and it was so nice and cool to sleep there that night!....Juanita and (I think it was her son, was Wonderful!!!!!!!!!....I'm hoping to take my wife there this time and my dogs, if possible!!!!!....We will see!......Great people, Great Place to stay, Loved IT!!!!!

Room Tip: It's Plain and Simple, so If you are looking for a fancy Hotel, then stay in town!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Will W
Spencer, Virginia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had an awesome time. The room was nice and clean. We were able to relax after our long drive and the rates are reasonable. It was like being at home. The staff was very friendly and personable. We look forward to visiting in the future. The coffee at check out was nice too :,)

Room Tip: The cottages are very nice!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anna L
Four Oaks, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 May 2014

MY boyfriend and I recently stayed here after a weekend getaway to enjoy the falls and surrounding scenery. We love this motel! most people when they hear motel think of a dirty place to crash for the night, this is NOT the case. I called a few days in advance for our reservations but knew we would arrive before check-in. Upon arrival we were greeted and shook hands with the owner. She was very helpful and laid back, almost like we drove a few hours and were meeting a friend. She explained it would be just a little while and our room would be ready when we returned. While she prepared our room we enjoyed a very good Mexican Restaurant not far from this Motel. After returning we were still a little curious on what to expect when going into our room. Once walking into our room we had no regrets. Everything was super clean and we found absolutely nothing to complain about. The beds are comfortable and the bedding as absolutely amazing! super soft and clean. All fixtures in the room were new. The TV in the room had plenty of channels to enjoy once it was too dark for hiking. The WIFI was ridiculously fast! We were a little cold in our room at night but turned on the small heater and warmed up really quick.The next morning I called the owner to let her know we were awake, and she brought over coffee for me. I seriously cant think of anything that would make someone not love this owner and Huskins Court. My boyfriend and I are already planning a trip with his family to return to the mountains and stay here again.

Thank you for welcoming us like friends, and not just guests.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BunchyLoveBear
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The new owners have done a wonderful job getting the place back to a great place to stay. The cottage we stayed in was clean and stocked with nice sheets and towels. There were plenty of blankets and the heaters worked great! The kitchen was clean and fairly well equipped for cooking a full meal. It's a relaxed homey place and the owners are friendly, talkative, and helpful giving suggestions of places to go and things to do. I would absolutely recommend and I'll certainly be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2013
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My daughter, myself and 6 month old grand daughter decided at the last minute to head up to Grandfather Mtn. Not knowing this was the weekend of The Wooly Worm Festival (sorry to say we had never heard of this festival). When we spoke to Juanita, she said she would have a 2 room suite ready in a few minutes for us...she had just had a cancellation! When we arrived, she was finishing up the rooms. Jerry was kind enough to show us in. It is very obvious when you walk in just how clean everything stays. I cannot tell you what a wonderful stay we had. There is not one thing to complain about! Well except now, I'm ready to move to Pineola and my husband isn't :)
Now that we have experienced The Wooly Worm Festival, we will be making our reservation early at Huskins to make sure we get "our" suite for next year.
Thank you Juanita & Jerry for making us feel like family and now we have a great new place to visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Eagle Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We really enjoyed our perfect weekend in the mountains! The temps were just right and the scenery so refreshing. Our stay at Huskins,made it easy to relax and enjoy the surroundings.

We stayed in one of the suites. My husband and I in one room,and my son in the next,joined by a bathroom. The water was very hot,no cold showers for sure! The rooms were clean and comfortable,even had a quilt on the bed.

Juanita,was very helpful and friendly. She told us about local area attractions,recommended places to see,where to eat,and gave us maps to make finding them easier.
We came for a relaxing enjoyable time in the mountains and a nice comfortable,clean place to stay,without spending a fortune. Well, we got all that and more!

Hobbs the resident kitty, is there to check on things and of course look for head/chin rubs. Don't touch his lower back or belly,he doesn't like that!

Juanita, even called me after I got home to let me know that Hobbs had been found,(he was missing when we left). She let me know how glad she was that we had chose to stay at Huskins. I told her we will sure be back in the Spring and I would definitely tell others about our relaxing stay.
Thanks Juanita for everything! See ya next Spring,Lord willing!
Bobbie Swift

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bobbieswift
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineola
Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk
#14 of 18 in Boone
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Marion

Been to Huskins Court and Cottages? Share your experiences!