“Best Customer Service!!!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Chicago, IL
“Best Customer Service!!!”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Wow, I have not seen customer service like this in a while! It was great to stay here! Traveling as often as I do, I see a lot of the same thing, and don't get many reasons to write a review. But the people that work at the Hilton Garden Inn in Charlotte Pineville really want you to be comfortable when you stay here. The shuttle driver stopped for me at Starbuck's on my way to the office. He remembered me on the days I didn't need a ride, and the things we talked about...it was a pleasant, unexpected start to my mornings. Kevin at the front desk went the extra mile more than once, and always with a smile. The bartender was so attentive, even though I sat out on the patio the whole time, out of a convenient reach for her...always with a smile, which, after a long day, is sometimes all I need to see...I have stayed at several hotels in Charlotte, and i would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Pineville to any business traveler needing a comfortable and friendly place to stay. Why not 5 stars? The wallpaper in my room was peeling...otherwise, the bed was comfortable, surroundings were quiet, temperature was well regulated (I have had terrible experiences in other hotels...no matter what temperature I put it on, it was always too hot or too cold...), shower was perfect...I have no complaints. I hope I have the ability to stay here every time I am in Charlotte for work.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I had a couple of days of meetings with a key customer and while my wife enjoyed shopping nearby. The upcoming bar renovation will add to an already great lobby and give the staff a chance to treat their guest with even more attention. It was full while I was there, but I got a great rate, loved the pool and gym and slept very comfortably in an extremely fresh looking hotel. I think they must have been all redone based on these reviews that say it was dated because everything looked new to me.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 August 2012

The staff was friendly, though they were conversing at the front desk about the issues that were going on among the staff. Went to the room and the decor was very dated. The room looked more like a motel than a Hilton brand hotel. My toddler did not even want to use the restroom because it had an odor. Did not notice that the room had spiders until the kids were already asleep. I never thought I would have to check a room for spiders, but sure enough they were in every corner of the ceiling and there were a couple that got on the bed. After my husband spoke with the staff at the front desk, we were given the option to get another room. So after checking 2 rooms that had spiders in them as well, he finally found one that did not. (He had to keep going back and forth from the front desk to the rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor after 1 am). We finally settled in (but still felt uncomfortable) after 2 am. When we went downstairs for the breakfast, we were extremely disappointed. I'm not sure if I can explain it well (should've taken a picture) but there was toast on the bottom of each tray as if it was used to catch grease from the food. The omelets were mediocre. From the past Hilton Garden Inns I have stayed in, I would rate the breakfast as poor. Awaiting my reimbursement since they have a guarantee policy. I was so disappointed though because I am such a huge fan of HGI but I will NEVER stay at the one in Pineville again!

Room Tip: Inspect your rooms for spiders and other insects if you do book a room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Arizona
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Rooms are great, staff is great. I stay here when I'm in town (which is often). Coffee, tea, snacks, drinks available 24/7. Lots of restaurants nearby, and it is well off the main intersection in PIneville, so virtually no road noise. Free laundry, pool, exercise room is all new equipment, including weights! The hot tub was out of service for a considerable period, but I never use that myself. There's even an ice rink across the road where you can watch practices, games, or even get on the ice on public days. There is a mall just beyond the trees , but that's the perimeter road and the buildings are far away. They have a van if you need to go somewhere. A class businessman's hotel. No extra charges and all the amenities short of a ballroom and masseuse (but they would find either for you if you needed it while in town). Great place!

Room Tip: All the amenities are on the first floor (gym, pool, laundry, business center, meeting rooms)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We decided to upgrade from Hyatt Place and Hampton Inn to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Charlotte this week-end. The room and bed looked great and everything appeared to be in order...until we got ready for bed after a very long trip.
The pillows and pillowcases were so rough, we couldn't sleep on them. Not only were they not cotton, they were worse than cheap percale.

The air-conditioning unit had a horrible odor that only got worse as the night progressed.
The bed, their form of "sleep number" bed was not working properly.

Finally, there was something in the carpet at the foot of the bed that cut my foot twice!
Not up to par for a Hilton garden Inn.

We could not wait to get back to Atlanta - I love Hilton, but absolutely hated the bed in this hotel.
The

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank roadbeagle
Dundas, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

On our way home from Florida we spent the evening at this hotel with our 3 teen daughters. We got an adjoining room for them and a room for ourselves. We are Hilton Honor members - and big Hilton fans overall - and we were not disappointed. Super clean, extremely comfortable and a decent breakfast is served in the morning. It was a short stay but made memorable by the excellent front desk staff. Prety town too, will have to come back there someday and check it out.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed 23 December 2011

As a loyal Hilton Honors member I stay in lots of Hilton properties. This is the closest HGI to my son's apartment and I had planned to stay here whenever I visit. My wife and I arrived on a Friday evening. There were very few cars in the parking lot. When we checked in, the desk clerk was very friendly, almost to the point of obsequiousness. We finally had to just walk away with him still talking.

It was a very rainy night. We had a first floor room. The gutters and downspouts were broken and the noise of the rain splashing on air conditioner was so loud that I couldn't sleep. The room was a typical room, but was very old and dated. The shower head had red mold growing from it and the tile was cracked. The room had light bulbs burned out.

On the plus side, the breakfast had eggs cooked to order and was very nice. The lobby was very large and several families were talking and playing games there.

Overall, this was a below average HGI. There is a Hampton Inn next door. I will try that on my next visit.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor if it is raining. It is noisy.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TinySwimmer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
#6 of 6 in Pineville
Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
#10 of 178 in Charlotte

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville? Share your experiences!