“Great place for a weekend meltaway for romance”

Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Arrived on Thur afternoon. Check in was very easy. Room was very nice. We had the king suite room with the whirlpool. We only had a small problem with the whirlpool, turned it on and rusty water came out for the first few mins. We let the front desk know about it.

Really enjoyed out stay here. Breakfast was included in our stay, otherwise may not have eaten it, food was kinda bland and was not very hot. And the quality of breakfast could be because they are currently remodeling the hotel and are using a meeting room as their restaurant.

All in all it was a good stay. Would probably stay here or another Hilton again if the opportunity would arise.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank smhunt80

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Visited this hotel with my family for my son's lacrosse tournament. Arrived very early (1:30 AM) in the morning and had a very welcome greeting from the front desk. Room was very clean and spacious. Hotel offered a complementary hot breakfast buffet that had many choices, if you got there early enough. My only complaint was once food was exhausted, it was not replenished while we were still dining. Considering there were a few boys lacrosse teams staying, that was to be expected I guess.

Front desk/lobby area is under construction, so the hotel moved dining area to one of the conference rooms, but we were made aware of this prior to our stay. Staff said construction should be complete by end of November.

Overall, a very nice stay. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floors for quieter room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My family and I were in town for a wedding. The hotel was great for us. We booked multiple rooms. They made sure to put us in rooms close to each other. The staff were extremely welcoming and very accommodating to our needs. Although their lobby was under construction, the rest of the hotel was fine.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This place is under renovation so it wasn't at its best showing. It was confusing as to where to check in. The booth set up outside didn't have anyone there so I tried to go to the main entrance only to be sent back.

There was a baby shower going on and people were congregating around the on entrance smoking and talking loudly on cell phones- not a very favorable introduction.

The cookies weren't replenished.

The room was quiet, clean, and large. We were concerned since we were on the second floor just removed from the baby shower. Fortunately it turned out to be fairly quiet except the stair exit door clunking closed a couple of times and rooms doors.

There is no breakfast included here. For $5.95 you can get a continental breakfast.

We got this on Priceline for $60 plus service fees. This is presumably a three star hotel, for $1 more we could have gotten a 2-1/2 star with a breakfast. I'm not sure there's that much difference in half a star.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maelrarny
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

First it's under renovation. No lobby, makeshift restaurant. No ramp or cart access from parking lot. Smell of mildew all over. Hall carpets need to be changed. Missed a wake up call. Needed extra towels and had to go down to get them because only one person on duty. Rooms okay but that smell.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Wow, I have not seen customer service like this in a while! It was great to stay here! Traveling as often as I do, I see a lot of the same thing, and don't get many reasons to write a review. But the people that work at the Hilton Garden Inn in Charlotte Pineville really want you to be comfortable when you stay here. The shuttle driver stopped for me at Starbuck's on my way to the office. He remembered me on the days I didn't need a ride, and the things we talked about...it was a pleasant, unexpected start to my mornings. Kevin at the front desk went the extra mile more than once, and always with a smile. The bartender was so attentive, even though I sat out on the patio the whole time, out of a convenient reach for her...always with a smile, which, after a long day, is sometimes all I need to see...I have stayed at several hotels in Charlotte, and i would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Pineville to any business traveler needing a comfortable and friendly place to stay. Why not 5 stars? The wallpaper in my room was peeling...otherwise, the bed was comfortable, surroundings were quiet, temperature was well regulated (I have had terrible experiences in other hotels...no matter what temperature I put it on, it was always too hot or too cold...), shower was perfect...I have no complaints. I hope I have the ability to stay here every time I am in Charlotte for work.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I had a couple of days of meetings with a key customer and while my wife enjoyed shopping nearby. The upcoming bar renovation will add to an already great lobby and give the staff a chance to treat their guest with even more attention. It was full while I was there, but I got a great rate, loved the pool and gym and slept very comfortably in an extremely fresh looking hotel. I think they must have been all redone based on these reviews that say it was dated because everything looked new to me.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Comfort Suites
#5 of 6 in Pineville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville? Share your experiences!