“Turned a bad day great”

Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Reviewed 28 April 2012

After a tough day of work and travel I was lucky enough to find this hotel only because it was close to my store I was visiting and had a laundry room so I could get cleaned up from a miserable day. I was happy to pay the standard rate and when the guy at the front desk heard my story he was kind enough to upgrade me into a nicer suite. The previous night I stayed at another brand hotel for $10 less and it was horrible. The staff here was so nice and all the regular guests were greeted by name as they came through the lobby and the quaint and clean little restaurant/bar area. Bed was comfortable. Free bottled water. For the money this was way beyond what I've come to expect over the years for work travel. Well done!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Clint A
tammy_hayes, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Hi and Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte Pineville to accommodate your lodging needs while in our area. We appreciate your business! I am glad to hear that we could add a little comfort to you after having a not so great day. Our motto at the Four Points is, we try to make every guest stay as honest, comfortable and uncomplicated as possible. We are happy when our guest are happy. Thank you for your kind words and we welcome your return visit. Next time you are staying with us, please feel free to reach out to me as I would like to personally welcome you back!!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Had meetings in Charlotte and a colleague said he was staying there at a great rate. He called and they set me up as well. When we got there, I remembered that this building has been there in Pineville for some time, so I was somewhat concerned. Upon entering the lobby, it was well appointed and I could see a small bar just off of it. The person behind the desk was very friendly and happy to see us and quickly checked us in. It was after 10, but we agreed to meet for a drink. The bar is very small, but they had local beer on tap. We hung out till closing at 11 and I went up to bed. The room is a suite with small kitchen. Granite counter sink for the bathroom. Nice tile floor in the bathroom. Good shower. Very clean room. Nice work area in the main room. TVs in both rooms. It was very very comfortable. I wish I had more time to enjoy the room. I was up and out early the next morning, but I'd stay there again in a minute.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and everything was working as it should. There is a problem though, and it's important if you want a good nights sleep. The walls between rooms do little to stop sounds from other rooms. I was on the 2nd floor, and was kept awake much of the night by the late, all night telephone conversations on one side of my room, and the snoring from the room on the other side. I'm a sound sleeper but found it impossible.
I spend many night in hotels. I've not had a problem like this in years. There has to be some flaw in room separation construction.

Room Tip: Wear earplugs for a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Don't get a room at the end of the hallway -- the slamming doorway into the fire escape and the icemaker will keep you awake.

The rooms are kind of dark.

Service at the front desk is no better than OK. Not bad, but not better than OK.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rw939
tammy_hayes, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Hi and thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte Pineville to accommodate your lodging needs. I am sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered during your stay however I wanted to inform you that due to your feedback we will look into the slamming of the door issue and we may be able to make adjustments on the retention of the doors to ease this issue. Without this valuable information we may have lost a guest in you or others so thank you for sharing and we will continue to strive to have happy and satisfied guests. If you have any additional comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly and I will gladly assist you. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 17 November 2011

Great service and nice room. Free apples and coffee 24 hours. Free airport shuttle. However, if you wish to plug in your laptop on the bed, you have to unplug lamp or alarm radio. An extra outlet near the bed would be great.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This was my first time staying at a Four Points by Sheraton in a very long time. I'm a longtime Starwood fan, however I typically go for the Westin or The W. I was very, very surprised by the quality of the hotel and the amenities. There is a very nice bar / restaurant in the lobby area that serves breakfast - dinner (granted the menu is limited). This particular hotel appears to be pretty new, which may be why it's so much nicer that some of the other Four Points I've seen. The room was very nice and included a microwave, mini-fridge and sitting area with sofa. Very nice room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Katren315
tammy_hayes, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2011

Hi and Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte -Pineville to accommodate your lodging needs. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the kind words. We take pride in our hotel and staff and I am elated to see the postive comments you have shared! Please feel free to contact me directly if you should have any additional comments, questions or any concerns and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed here over the weekend to attend a nearby wedding. The hotel was clean, quiet, and our room was spacious. I really liked having a fridge and microwave in the room (very convenient) and free Wi-Fi. The hotel is in a great location, right around the corner from the mall and other shopping plazas, and there were plenty of restaurants to choose from w/in the vicinity.
The only real disappointment was the pool, it is crammed up against the building and literally in the parking lot -- very little room for lounging and no privacy from the parking lot. Overall, nice choice if you don't plan to use the pool.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WordDiva
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Comfort Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville? Share your experiences!