“Lacking in customer service”

Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Hanahan, South Carolina, USA
“Lacking in customer service”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The hotel was nice and clean. The bar area and lobby area were set up nicely to relax. The breakfast was wonderful and the crew managing it was great! The front desk was not the best. I waited over 1 1/2 hours for extra towels (only 3 in a room for 4) and then I only got a phone call asking me if I still wanted them. No one seemed willing to go out of their way to help our soccer team.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Guest_Ser_Manager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Hi voldJ,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Pineville. We are pleased to hear you liked the cleanliness and setup of the hotel. It is concerning to us that you felt you didn't have a memorable stay and we would like to make it up to you the next time you are in the area. We take pride in pleasing each and every guest and with your feedback we will strive ourselves to improve. Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Moore, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I purchased this room through Priceline line for $42. Upon entering the hotel I was impressed but still a little apprehensive. The receptionist was very friendly and told me all the information about breakfast, dinner, the bar as well as costs and hours of operation. I had a king room, with a small living room area with a sleeper sofa. It had a microwave,and a refridgerator that acutually got cold. The shower was wonderful and I didn't want to get out. The bed was so comfortable that I could have slept all day but check out time was 12 or 1. The breakfast was good for 5 dollars. Waffles,pancakes,sausage, omelettes, parfait, yogurts, fruit, danish, cereal, and then cook to order breakfast if you wanted that. I wish we could have stayed longer. I can truly recommend this hotel to others who are traveling with children because the roooms are big enough to accomadate a family of 4 in a king room. They have a kids menu where nothing is over $4. This is just an all around great place to stay. Clean, quiet, friendly staff, and a bar. What more could you ask for.....We will back.

Room Tip: Try priceline before booking directly with Four Points.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Guest_Ser_Manager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Hi Anita W,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review about your stay at Four Points by Sheraton in Pineville. Our staff takes pride in giving 100% to all our guests and informing them of our amenities and surrounding area. The Four Points by Sheraton Pineville has crafted guest friendly amenities for all traveler types in order to leave a lasting impression. We are excited to hear that our Front Desk Agent was pleasant and informative and more pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We humbly invite you back whenever you're in the area. Thank You!
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Four Points in Pineville for a business trip to Charlotte. The hotel is in Pineville, located just south of Charlotte proper right outside the I-485 belt line around the city. I checked in late in the evening and spoke with Josh at the front desk, who was very accommodating in making sure that I had what I needed and knew where to find things. The hotel still feels fairly new, and the rooms are large and well appointed for this price range. Bed was comfy, and not being right inside the city certainly cuts down on some of the noise level. The hotel is conveniently located just a few minutes drive from the Ballantyne business and entertainment area, as well as just a few minutes drive from the end of the Lynx Light Rail line, which offers free parking and cheap light rail transportation to Uptown Charlotte. Didn't use the restaurant or bar facilities on site, so I can't speak to those, but I found this property to be a good value and well representative of the Four Points brand. I will stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hi ShaggyMEB,

On behalf of Four Points by Sheraton Pineville I would like to thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs on your business trip. We are excited to hear that our prime location suited your every need. Our staff takes pride in serving all guests from Josh's friendly check-in to cleanliness and maintenance for all rooms and common areas. The business traveler is very important to our area and hotel as well as all guests, so it is wonderful to hear we provided everything you needed. Like always, when you are in the area we invite you back for another comfy stay.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Josh at the front desk has a firm grasp on Southern hospitality. He couldn't have been more gracious and welcoming. We would stay here again just for the pleasure of dealing with Josh!

We particularly liked how this hotel is situated, tucked on a quiet service road quite near a busy mall and conveniently close to interstate highways.

The room was nice enough, but not nearly as large as I had expected from other reviews and photos. Perhaps we were given a smaller room because we booked offsite at a discounted rate? I don't know. We weren't cramped, but I expected more "real estate" from a three-star hotel.

The beds were very comfortable, and the wi-fi and coffeemaker worked fine, which is really all I need in an overnight stay, so I'm satisfied. We'll certainly stay here again should we need lodging near Charlotte again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hi Caro828,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a positive review. Our staff enjoys going that extra mile for our guests and your comments on Josh really motivates him and the rest of the staff. It is nice to hear the amenities in the room came in handy during your stay and our prime location suited your needs. Please visit us again when you're in our area and I am sure we can accommodate your needs for a larger room. We are excited that from all the other choices for hotels you chose us. Thank You
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I booked a room for one night to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and it was really nice. I booked the room through an outside site and then called to request a room with a King bed and the staff were very nice and accomodating. Our room had a nice sitting area with a modern sofa and also included a wet bar, which was awesome (microwave, minifridge, and small sink). I would definitely recommend and stay again. My only concern is that the dining area where breakfast is served is rather small, so it makes it difficult to get a seat if there's lots of people staying in the hotel. We just decided to get breakfast outside the hotel, but again, overall great hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi DILIGENTDIVA,

On behalf of the Four Points by Sheraton I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for such a joyous occasion. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our rooms and amenities that made your stay a memorable one. We also are excited that you took the time to write such a positive review for us and look forward to having you as a guest in the future. Our staff really takes pride in servicing all our guests and hearing positive feedback motivates us to go above and beyond. Of course anytime you are in our area we invite you back to stay with us!
Louisville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed here for one night for a weekend trip to Carowinds. Really great location that is convenient to lots of restaurants and a huge mall. The desk clerk was extrememly helpful and super polite. We were checking in a few hours early and our room was not ready but she asked housekeeping what room was available and moved us. Clean rooms and comfortable beds, great nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank luv2travel_DH
Guest_Ser_Manager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Hi luv2travel_DH,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and was satisfied with our prime location. Our staff takes pride in serving each guest that stays at our hotel in order for each guest to have a memorable experience. We are also excited that your room accommodations were clean, relaxing, and enjoyable. We expect the same level of quality for every guest every time you stay with us. We eagerly invite you back to stay with us your next visit to our area. Thank you
Ahoskie, NC
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Spent two nights @ this location. Convenient to relatives, shopping and sightseeing.
Jr Suite (a little pricey) was clean and comfortable......will definitely recommend. Two friends had to stay at older run-down location one night, but were able to get second night @ the Pineville location with us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RitaBAhoskie_NC
Guest_Ser_Manager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Hi RitaBAhoskie_NC,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at The Four Points by Sheraton Pineville. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as the prime location of our hotel. Our staff is dedicated to providing the best guest service with a clean, comfortable room for all our travelers. We enjoyed your company and invite you whenever you are in the area. Thank you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Quality Suites
#6 of 6 in Pineville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville? Share your experiences!