“Room not cleaned” 2 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
“Room not cleaned”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The property has that "tired" feeling: the walls in the room need to be painted as they are dirty and marked up, the carpet looks old and filthy (the kind that means you wear your shoes at all times), the lighting in the room is dim (maybe to keep you from seeing the carpet well). Our room had not been vacuumed well, if at all. When the toilet was flushed before bed (with no reason to clog) the water rose to the top of the bowl and stayed there. Had someone actually cleaned the bowl and flushed the toilet afterward,they would have known that it was clogged. Obviously, housekeeping had not cleaned the toilet. When I called the front desk, the response was simply -there was no maintenance person on staff, did we want a plunger or not? I assumed we would take care of it, I thought someone might be apologetic though. The tub was also not properly cleaned. The "hot" items for breakfast are individually packaged refrigerated items you microwave. The space in the breakfast area was not quite enough room for everyone there on a busy weekend. On a positive note, the beds were comfortable and most of the staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel is conveniently located near plenty of retail and dining choices. It is just off the interstate. However, the condition of the room and the attitude of the one staff person is enough for us not to return. It is my experience that you can find a much better experience/product for the same price. I would not recommend this hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Lebowski93:

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Mae

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Graham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My family of four, including two 7-year olds, stayed here recently on a Saturday night after a full day at Carowinds. It was the perfect stay before heading back home the next morning. The hotel is about 10-15 minutes from the park and an easy drive. It is also close to the commercial areas of Pineville and Matthews. Plenty of free parking. An outdoor pool [that we didn't use]. The front desk personnel demonstrated true professionalism and warmth and this made us feel very welcomed right from the start. The hotel offers an excellent included breakfast of cereals, yogurts, waffles, microwavable meals, fruits, breads, juices, coffees, etc.. Our comfortable 2-queen bed room met all of our needs. I won't say it was a big room. There certainly wasn't any wasted space. If you have multiple electronic devices in need of power outlets or USB ports, our room had them on both the nightstand (very convenient) and the desk. There's adequate room for hanging clothes and placing them in drawers. The bathroom is of average size, and with a single sink it's really designed for just one person at a time. Overall, it was the perfect stay and would recommend this to friends and family and not just for one night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NCBeachTraveler
Dear NCBeachTraveler:

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful, detailed review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! Our entire hotel Team is inspired by your comments.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your day at Carowinds too! What a great way to spend a family vacation.

We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please feel free to contact me personally if there is anything special I can do for you.

New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Typically reasonable Hampton Inn. I have stayed in Hampton Inns in many different locations and I have been generally very satisfied. The room at this location was clean and quiet and the staff generally pleasant. However, the tub was clogged. I examined it and discovered an obvious clog that the cleaning staff should have also seen and cleared prior to my check-in. Check-out staff essentially ignored my issue when I discussed it with them. Again, I have stayed in many different Hampton Inn venues and have found the complimentary breakfast perfectly acceptable. However, in this location the food was almost inedible, and what was palatable was pre-packaged, there were very few healthy choices. Most were loaded with sugar. I did find an apple, which was the only food not pre-made somewhere else. Too bad, I generally like Hampton Inns, but this location needs a lot of work to get up to the standards of other locations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Geoffrey K:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your feedback on the breakfast and would love to hear your ideas on specific items you'd like to have for your future stays with us. We currently have mixed fruit, bananas, apples, flavored yogurt, greek yogurt, and hot oatmeal as well as many other healthy selections but we'd be happy to add something specific just for you.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit!

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Clean Hotel,Friendly staff, Wonderful Breakfast,Awesome Coffee.Clean bathrooms, Big towels.Close to Carolwinds Amusement park.Shopping mall behind Hotel.Not far from the Interstate. Quiet Hotel.Accomodations good for the money. Would recommend this Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank myfirstmountaintrip
Dear myfirstmountaintrip:

It was such a pleasure to read your wonderful review on Trip Advisor! Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Please let me know if there is anything special I can do for you on your next trip to Pineville. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is very close to a mall and only minutes away from Carowinds. It's located away from the busy interstate and airport. We were able to GPS some side roads to get us to Carowinds within 10 minutes without dealing with the interstate traffic. The rooms were nice, but you have to ask for more washcloths and towels. The mattress was a little firm with very soft pillows, but we were able to sleep okay. The sofa bed was a little too bumpy to sleep on also. The breakfast staff were very nice, but the dining area was a little small for the many people who were eating breakfast each morning. They may need to invest in another waffle maker as we had to wait in line to use the two available waffle makers. Overall, we will probably stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The rooms with a king size and sofa bed are much bigger than the rooms with two queen size beds. Pl...
Dear zetaspeechlady:

Thank you for writing a detailed review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and found it easy to get to and from Carowinds.

We have and extra Breakfast Hostess available to make waffles so just let us know if you'd like us to make a waffle for you and deliver it to your table so you don't have to wait next time. We're happy to do it for you and we love having you stay with us!

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on my business trip. Room was clean and of decent size. Interstate is not too far from this hotel. So easy to get on road for work or business. Breakfast was little disappointing to me. I was expecting more option but no big complains.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Rock_Chicago28:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate that you mentioned how clean the room was as our Housekeeping Team works so hard to keep our rooms clean and fresh.

Please let me know if there is anything special we can provide for breakfast on your next stay!

Grove City, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton as we made our way south on a recent vacation trip. We were greeted by a friendly staff member at the front desk. Our room was a king room with plenty of room for our one night stay. One issue that we had was the temperature our room. The ac was on in the room, and I could not get ac to shut off. The unit beneath the window had a note in the control box that guests were to use the thermostat on the wall. When I tried to raise the temperature in the room or turn the unit off, the ac continued to run. I called the front desk. I was told that someone would be up within five to ten minutes to take check things out. Within five minutes a staff member arrived. He switched the unit back to manual control on the unit below the window. We were then able to control the temperature in the room. Soon the room was at a comfortable temperature.

Everything else was what I expect at Hampton. The equipment that I used in the fitness room worked. The breakfast was the type and style that I expect at a Hampton. One nice touch was the staff member who came around and offered us a small box of mints. The staff did did a good job of keeping the breakfast foods supplied for guest.

The building seemed to be clean and well kept. I would stay there again if it fit in my travel plans.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear jwally49:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! As a Senior Reviewer and frequent traveler your comments are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve.

I am so sorry that your AC unit was not communicating with the thermostat in your room and happy to hear that the problem was fixed in a timely matter. I want you to know, however, that we are checking all rooms on a regular basis to ensure that this does not happen again.

We hope that you will be back again soon! Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything special I can do for your next visit.

Mae
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville
Quality Suites
#6 of 6 in Pineville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville? Share your experiences!