“A Real Gem”
Review of Key Falls Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pisgah Forest
Key Falls Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pisgah Forest
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Real Gem”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

To be truthful, I am torn between sharing this wonderful location and keeping it a secret unto myself! The cabin sits on the grounds of the Key Falls Inn so visitors have a choice between a room or the cabin. Clearly, the owners gave a great deal of thought to both the location and construction of the cabin. The front of the cabin faces the woods, the side borders a wonderful stream which, when we were there in June, was laden with rhododendrons. A screened in porch complements the inside which is comfortable and nicely furnished. The innkeepers are friendly, helpful, but not intrusive. If you haven't tried cabin "life" I highly recommend this gem located right outside the town of Brevard.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hardshell65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2010

My girlfriend and i wanted a quiet and romantic place to spend 5 days for our vacation. Our expectations were high and the cabin at the KeyFalls Inn exceeded them. We drove a long way to get away from south florida. We loved the accomodations and the staff was incredible.We felt like we were staying with family. The beauty surrounding the entire property is too incredible for words. We original reserved the cabin for 5 days but ended up staying for 11. The only negative was that we had to leave. I would recommend the KeyFalls Inn to anyone that is looking for a quiet getaway or a little romance in a hectic life.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed 28 September 2010

My husband and I spent our anniversary weekend at the Key Falls Inn. We read reviews before we chose the location and I have to say we loved this place from the time we pulled in the driveway. The location is secluded and the grounds were well manicured. The house alone is so welcoming and we felt as if we were staying with family the whole time. We were immediately greeted by Janet and she gave us alot of helpful information of local attractions, good eateries, and a history of the home. I cannot say enough about the hospitality and how warm the Grosvenor family was. We stayed in the Cochran room which had great views of the mountains. The breakfast was just wonderful and we could smell the home baked goods as soon as we awoke. We found several great resturants which I have written reviews on as well. This is such a great town we are looking forward to going back as soon as we can. And we will definitely stay at the Key Falls Inn again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Halfmoon01
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I went to pick my daughter up from camp near Brevard and decided to ask my good friend to join me for a brief girls' get-away without husbands or children before we both started our homeschooling year. After finding weekend rates at the hotels more than I wanted to pay, I found reviews for the Key Stone Inn and called to reserve a room. I am so glad that we stayed here instead of the hotel! We stayed in the Stewart Room which had a comfortable queen bed and a day bed with a trundle. We loved the tea and cookies that awaited us in the living room after a very cold ride down Sliding Rock in the Pisgah National Forest. We found everything to be very clean and the grounds to be very well-kept. The staff was helpful and friendly without being too intrusive. We enjoyed coffee on the porch the next morning and followed that with a short hike up to the top of the pretty little falls in the back of the inn. We ate a delicious breakfast of scones, biscuits, eggs, fresh fruit, sausages, and yogurt. Bryan, the owners' son even surprised us at checkout with a bag of two scones because we liked them so much. I don't think they lasted the trip home! Thanks, Bryan! We hope to visit again next year and stay at this same inn. The location was just a few minutes away from downtown Brevard and from the entrance to Pisgah National Forest.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Lake Charles, LA
Reviewed 17 November 2009

This is a charming little town in the perfect location for viewing waterfalls in Pisgah, DuPont, and Gorges State Parks. Many falls are incredibly beautiful and not long or strenuous hikes. In two days we were able to visit all 3 parks and view 10 waterfalls.

We stayed at the Key Falls Inn in the cabin(only $146/night) which was perfect-2 bedrooms, 2 baths,2 fireplaces-one in the den and one in the master bedroom, full kitchen and 2 decks from which you can see Key Falls and the stream that runs right next to the master bedroom. We left the window cracked so we could hear the stream night and day. There is a barbeque out back, plenty of towels, a washer and dryer-very, very nice and quiet. You are only 5 minutes from town, grocery stores and fitness centers(Innkeepers arranged for day passes and the center is right next door to Blue Ridge Bakery, mentioned below).

In town there are 3 really special restaurants-see my reviews of The Quarry, and Marco Trattoria. The one we did not get to go to, but spoke to the chef is called Hob Nob-menu looked wonderful and the chef spoke of fabulous sounding specials.

We also found a great little bakery called Blue Ridge Bakery with fabulous muffins, homemade soups and even spannokopita! There were great little shops in town-an incredible toy store called O.P. Taylors, and everyone is very nice and helpful. Two other places to check out for casual and pre-prepared food to take back to the cabin are Poppies Gourmet Farmers Market and the coffee shop Quotations.

This is truly a special place-we plan on returning next year!

3 Thank LATaz
New Mexico
Reviewed 3 October 2009

My sisters and I stayed here, and consider ourselves so fortunate to find such a warm welcoming place, run by wonderful people. We came in weary, and were immediately treated to tea and freshly-made cookies. Then we were shown the cabin, where we stayed -- what an absolutely perfect retreat. We all agreed that we would live there if we could. We had everything we needed, and more -- the sound of the creek that runs next to the cabin, the screened porch for evening talks, two (!) fireplaces, warmth, comfort!!! I only hope that this place will be available next time we get together -- this is the one thing that we can all agree on!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank BlueSkiesGreenLights
Pinehurst, NC
Reviewed 18 August 2009

We were delighted with every aspect of our stay at Key Falls Inn and will definitely plan to return. Each member of the host family was cordial and helpful. We had plenty of privacy, access to the extensive grounds, enjoyed delicious and varied breakfasts, and received accurate tourist information. The falls on the property were a lovely bonus. The history of the house and its tasteful decor were appealing. Pat faithfully served tea and baked treats at 4, and when our outings brought us in late, we enjoyed this as an "evening snack."

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
CedarWood Inn
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley

Been to Key Falls Inn? Share your experiences!