“Above and Beyond”
Review of Key Falls Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pisgah Forest
Key Falls Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pisgah Forest
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I spent and night there recently. I have never written a review before but this place deserves it! I can not say enough about EVERYTHING. The innkeepers and staff were ALL friendly, positive and full of smiles. They were attentive to us and you could tell they really had a heart to accommodate us. As far as the room we had the suite which was absolutely adorable and clean. We love the fact too that it was secluded from the rest of the house. And the food, oh the food - it was out of this world! We were there with a large group and they cooked an evening meal for us as well as breakfast. So good and such care to every detail. Thank you Key Falls Inn, you provided us with a memorable and blessed time. Already thinking about coming back and recommending it to my family and friends.

Room Tip: The suite was comfy and cozy, two rooms and on the other end of the house from the other rooms so ha...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda A

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed 3 nights at this B&B as a home base for doing some hiking and seeing waterfalls in the Brevard area. The location is very nice - just a couple minutes outside of town in a wide valley. The B&B is actually on a large amount of land (including its namesake waterfall - which is small but unique). The house was charming - a circa 1860s farmhouse with plenty of leaning, creaking floors to add to the country ambiance. Tea and cookies were served every afternoon in the parlor, which was a thoughtful touch and even better when eaten on the front porch. Breakfast was hearty and delicious - I thought spinach/smoked salmon eggs and tomato/bacon jelly sounded strange...until I tried them!! Also the best scones I've ever had. It is a family run operation, and the owners son even had a bonfire in the covered pavilion's fire pit ready to go for my wife and me after dinner one evening on request.

We would certainly stay here again as Brevard is a great NC destination - and Key Falls is quite affordable especially if compared to the similarly priced big box hotel in town which pales in comparison. My only (very minor) complaint/suggestion would be to get rid of the carpet! Most of the house has ugly and worn out pink carpet (covering nice hardwood floors befitting of such a place). We stayed in the McCleod room which I would suggest since there is not carpet.

Room Tip: McCleod room has hardwood floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place near Dupont forest. This was by far the most peaceful place we have ever stayed. It was just a few miles from the Dupont forest and Brevard but so far from touristy noise. We had a lovely cup of tea on the porch and watched the birds and chipmunks play, an easy hike up the hill to the falls and an absolutely yummy breakfast at a table set like Gramdmothers' farm. I had another cup of coffee on the porch drinking in the scenery before setting off for a full day of hiking. We would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We had a WONDERFUL time at this Inn. The property was so lovely- there's a waterfall for heaven's sake! There's also a darling stream, a fire pit, a large front porch, and a pond. My whole family just loved everything about it. Even more importantly, the inn is run by the nicest family that did everything they could to make our stay special. Some of our family stayed at a hotel instead and they spent every chance they could visiting us at the inn. Not only do I highly recommend but I would absolutely jump at the chance to return.

Room Tip: Our family took over most of the inn and every room had something special about it. We had the upsta...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This was a great little B&B, the quietest inn I have ever been at, it's a couple miles back from the highway and there was no road noise at all, the rooms are classically decorated, and whoever does the breakfast is a terrific cook! If you go there, don't forget to see the Key Falls out back, I also suggest wandering outdoors before breakfast, the place is magical in the morning fog.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Joshua C
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Most charming farmhouse and hosts. Set off the beaten path and in a beautiful setting. The service and food were great. The nearby Key Falls are worth the visit. You can walk or ride to them. The property has much to see and do. Wish we could have stayed longer. Will go back soon.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and had a private bath.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidfrancisoc
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This was our first time ever staying at a B&B and what a delight it was! I don’t know where to start! The property was beautiful: 29 acres, hydrangea-lined driveway, horseshoe, tennis court, big wooden deck with a wonderful fire pit, private waterfall, and our favorite…a big front porch with rocking chairs overlooking the mountains. The home itself was magnificent as well: very quaint and spacious, comfortable, clean and best of all…very peaceful. We stayed in the Cochran Room and loved how comfortable the bed was (I’m still surprised at how inexpensive it was). The room also had great views too! They also have an outdoor cat, Simon (who is awesome by the way!). The innkeepers were great! It is family-run and they have such a way of making you feel right at home, all while giving you plenty of space while there. The daily breakfast…well there are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how delicious they were. The afternoon tea and cookies were scrumptious too! As far as location, we were 5-10 minutes from all major activities (restaurants, shopping etc) and about 10-15 minutes from the Pisgah National Forest. Overall, we had a great experience and can’t wait to come back!

Room Tip: Cochran Room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Brevard
Mountain Lodge
Mountain Lodge
#2 of 6 in Flat Rock

Been to Key Falls Inn? Share your experiences!