“something you gotta do and see”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sliding Rock

Sliding Rock
More attraction details
Owner description: Waterfall slide, sending 11,000 gallons of water down a huge rock each minute.
Lithia, Florida, Usa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“something you gotta do and see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was awesome and so much fun if you dare try it sliding down a god made huge granite wall very slippery into a waiting cool deep well of water. Its scary but oh so much fun wear jean shorts or capris as it is rough on the legs and butt area :-)

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Susan M

McKinney, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Freezing but still worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We still talk about Sliding Rock. All of our family and the family we vacationed with loved it. You do have to wait in line, but it wasn't too bad. It is such a beautiful place and such a different thing to do. We loved everything about it except for the water temperature. I thought I was mentally prepared for the cold, but it took my breath away. I am a pretty good swimmer, but the shock of the cold water on my system caused me to question that. I swam fine to the side, but I felt like I was telling myself..."kick your legs, move your arms, and swim" lol. We were there the first part of June and it wasn't that warm outside yet. Obviously, your experience all depends on the time of year. I definitely recommend this unique water slide!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Lakegirpaints
Farmington Hills, Michigan
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Crazy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We came across this fall on our way to looking glass falls. It was April and still a bit chill out, not a single car in the parking lot. After an half hour some more people showed up to slide down the rocks in their underwear. Was almost tempted to follow.

Visited April 2014
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun! Fun! But be ready for the cold water when you get to the bottom!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Grew up here and this was always the place we went in the summer to cool down! You have never been down a water slide quite like this one!

Visited July 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Cool waterfall to slide on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Paid for parking be prepared for cash only. With swimsuit you slide down a rapid of cold water on rocks into a small 5 to 6 foot deep water pool at the end. The Rapids push you down and is so much fun. Water temp is I believe 60 some degrees all year round but tolerable after the numbness gets yah.

Visited June 2013