“Good food. Good service. Good bang for your buck.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pisgah Fish Camp

Pisgah Fish Camp
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Young Harris, Georgia, United States
“Good food. Good service. Good bang for your buck.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

The Fish camp was far from an exclusive, fine dining establishment. When we travel, we seek out eateries where the locals may eat. The Fish Camp had that kind of feel to it.
We were seated immediately and out waitress, Debbie, arrived with water and our silverware. We missed the buffet, which was fine, because we were not there for the buffet. We wanted to order off the menu.
Because of other reviews, i had to try the fried onion rings, which were good...crisp, but next time I will ask to hold the salt. And they don't reheat very well in the motel microwave. :)
Next we ordered the dinner plate with two choices fish and we selected catfish and calabash shrimp. The plate was loaded with 3 good size pieces of catfish, a large pile of
calabash shrimp. french fries, hush puppies, and coleslaw.
The catfish was lightly fried, as was the shrimp. These are not large shrimp....think fried salad shrimp.But very good eating. This was a huge plate and we had to ask for a take out box.

Were we satisfied? Very. Will we return again? Yes.

• Visited October 2013

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“fish camp to try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

A local fish camp worth a stop--come at lunch to try the buffet. Get a side order of calabash shrimp which is excellent

Visited July 2013
“Meh.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Well, we didn't actually stay to eat the food, but here's our run down. Went in with a party of 8. Got seated. Took forever to take our drink order (place was not crowded). OK, wait, wait, wait, wait... and while we were waiting, we wandered over to the buffet, which looked quite unappetizing.
Wait some more, wait some more.
OK, maybe it was 10 or 15 mintues, we were done. Walked out, went elsewhere.
I think once upon a time this place was better, but it's not worth going to lately.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank possumweaverville
Asheville, North Carolina
“I don't regret going but I'm not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

So I don't regret going but it's not on the "got to go back" list. It was all just mediocre and average. We had the lunch buffet ($7 and change). It was small and only featured one meat but you could add a meat for under $2. The flounder and shrimp (we added on) were perfectly breaded and light and crisp. By far the highlight of the meal. The other sides (mostly "down home" style) were good but nothing spectacular and the hush puppies were down right gross. Kids 6 and under were free. The decor / atmospher was dull but everything was clean and the service was good.

• Visited May 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Good Food, Small Portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I've eaten at this restaurant many times over the years. The food is good but I was disappointed in a recent visit concerning the serving size and the service. I got to the restaurant around 3:00 pm and the restaurant was nearly empty. My waitress came right over and took my order. Took a while for my food to show up, but I still hadn't received my tea. I appeared to be her only customer, but she seemed to be completely distracted. Once my food showed up, it was good but mostly french fries and a tiny portion of fish. I'll probably eat there again, but I hope they work on these issues.

• Visited May 2013