“Best Bar”

Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
“Best Bar”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The Tap has a good beer/ale selection, a limited but interesting and tasty selection of snacks and more, wine, indoor/outdoor seating, nice atmosphere and friendly service. What more could you ask for?

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Sgteasy

“Tap the Tap”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The City Tap is a neighborhood bar. You never know who might be there from farmers to county commissioners. They maintain a great and diverse selection of beers on tap - I think all from in-state breweries. And there is an even greater selection of the routine bottle beers from big names to local brews. The menu is ever changing. I have a fondness for the Turk-a-Moley, turkey, guacamole, and jalapenos. The dark wood bar and tables create a solid feel. Late in the week and weekends there is usually a local band playing. It's all in walking distance of anything in town. I think it's my all time favorite place to have a beer and sandwich!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Cooke2012
“Super Cool Local Bar”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Local place with tons of funky charm--artwork, the bar, the building, the lovely staff, all of it. Great drinks, really solid (even if a little limited) menu, great prices. We love it.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Carl-n-Summer
Syracuse NY
“Friendly atmosphere at City Tap”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The friendly staff at City Tap are the real highlight of the place, but they also offer plenty of great craft beers and good food. The food prices are a little ambitious, but not outrageous. The food quality is very good, and the atmosphere is just right for drinks with friends or a evening of live music.

Visited September 2013
“Cool place, rude staff”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I drove from Charlotte to Pittsboro Friday night to see The Low Counts play on the patio at the City Tap. It was my first and last visit to this place. The bartenders here have real problem with providing service. It was apparent that they didn't want to be there. The first time I approached the bar to order, I was pointed at by a tall red haired man with a beard. he just pointed at me, never parting his lips to me, and then he hastily snatched the money from my hand and slid my beer across the bar. On my second trip inside, i made it a point to avoid big red since he was obviously having a bad night and all so i moved down into the section of the bartender/owner that looks like night rider. Big mistake. This dude was pissed off at the world. He dawdled around the bar behind him, chatted with his friends, anything to avoid serving me. When he finally got around to pointing at me for my order (yes, it happened twice from 2 different bartenders/owners), I gave him my order and he asked the name on the tab. I responded that I was paying cash and he dramatically rolled his eyes, took my money and then slung my change back across the bar. I honestly felt as if I was putting these people out by asking them for a beer. After these rotten experiences, I decided not to order food or more beer. I did get to see some great music but I can promise you that I wouldn't go back there even if ol Lightnin' Hopkins was playing on their patio. Well, maybe.

• Visited September 2013