“Chef's Tasting Menu worth every penny!”

The Fearrington House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fearrington House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Pittsboro
Price range: US$95 - US$115
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Village Way
Description: The intimate dining rooms within the white-columned Fearrington House, a member of Relais & Chateaux, have welcomed guests for thirty years. It’s here that Executive Chef Colin Bedford continues a commitment to exceptional regional cuisine.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We celebrated my birthday with the tasting menu at Fearrington House Restaurant. When we were seated, we were given a menu that included a birthday message (nice touch!). From there, the delicious food kept oncoming. Each course was beautifully presented and explained. I could tell our server, Derrick loved food as much as we did...he had no issue with our questions and comments. The chef did a phenomenal job selecting different flavors to pair together, and yet you could taste them individually as well. The menu changes often so it isn't worth discussing particular dishes beyond the signature chocolate soufflé which is always on the menu (it was divine). Come hungry if you do the tasting menu. There is so much to enjoy, even pre-dessert!

On comment on dress...they recommend a coat and tie for men. I would say maybe half of then I saw had coats and maybe 1-2 had ties. In my opinion, the meal is worth dressing up for, but you don't need to be super formal.

1  Thank Woznime

Reviewed 27 May 2014

It has been several years I visited, but wanted to share our amazing experience. After getting engaged to be married in the gardens, we had dinner at the restaurant. This was hands down one of the best meals of my life. The service is phenomenal, the food is phenomenal. Everything is great! Highly recommended for a special occasion.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our party of six visited last Friday. The service was exceptional. We chose the four course menu. How fun. I chose the carrot soup to begin. It was served around different bites of food in center of bowl. Each bite had different flavors and textures. I loved it. My next course was lamb which went so well with the Oregon Pinot Noir we had brought. They let you bring wine for a 35.00 charge if they don't have the wine on their menu. Followed by a lovely salmon entree. Dessert was a chocolate soufflé. My last bit of pinot complimented the soufflé as well. What a delightful experience. I highly recommend this restaurant and everyone in our group would too.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Truly a gastronomical and visual event. The Fearrington property is absolutely gorgeous and a great place for a walk before dinner. This walk will prepare you for one of the best culinary events of all time. The menu is one of the most creative you will see; the presentation of every dish is a culinary work of art. The service is impeccable and we were a table of 10...every dish delivered at the same time. Each person absolutely cleaned their plate....nothing left! Delicious, beyond comparison.

The event will cost you so be prepared. However, this is an event and events are worth itl

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had planned a surprise Birthday dinner for my wife that inclued 10 guests at the Fearrington House. They were very accommodating of all my requests to include; specially printed menus to mark the occasion, decanting the magnums of wine several hours before our arrival time etc.
The service, food and atmosphere was flawless!
The menu here is always something to explore and enjoy the creative talents of Chef Colin Bedford, not to mention the talents of Oenophile / Sommelier Max!
Thanks to server Kevin and all who made this special occasion memorable!
Cheers,