We spent one night at the Fearrington House Inn while attending a wedding on the property. The inn was a delight, and I wish we would have had more time to spend! We arrived in the afternoon and enjoyed lunch at the Goat. This isn't a review of the Goat, but I will add that the food there was nothing special (compared to the great dining at the restaurant). Don't go with gourmet expectations and it'll be just fine. We then checked into our room, which even as one of the smaller rooms was plenty space! The bed was very comfortable and we appreciated the little touches of the heated towel bar, robes, bottles of water and treats. Loved the turn down service with slippers, port, and the AMAZING truffles. Unfortunately due to the wedding we didn't get to experience afternoon tea or dinner in the restaurant, but breakfast the next morning was out of this world. Gourmet menu options plus all you could eat/drink fresh-squeezed OJ, biscuits, croissants, and a taste of smoothie. The garden wasn't all that impressive (I'm guessing due to the time of year) but overall the grounds were gorgeous.
Hoping to come back for another night when we can experience all Fearrington has to offer! We both felt like the Inn would make for an amazing anniversary or birthday getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fearrington House Inn is a Relais & Chateaux property located just south of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Set amidst extensive gardens and rolling pastures, this 32 room inn features individually decorated rooms and suites as well as award-winning service. Guests also enjoy relaxing treatments at the Spa at Fearrington and browsing our stores including Dovecote and Haven, both home and gift shops, and McIntyre's Books, one of the South's most celebrated independent bookstores. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Fearrington House Hotel Pittsboro
- Fearrington House Pittsboro
- Fearrington Inn Pittsboro Nc