“yuck”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I found ants and mouse droppings in room, and once i even had a baby tick on my arm. Very dirty/dusty hotel. Pillows are absoluetly awful. My feet stuck to bathroom floor. Spider webs in lamps. Towels are hard, yellow and shredded.

Single woman given room with adjoining room. Does not make a girl feel safe. Then had front desk man open my room at midnight. Thank god for security bar. Said he was checking the room to see if occupied, doesnt the phone work?

Only good thing...pancakes free in the morning, if you dont mind looking at mouse trap on ledge behind machine

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank mechg

Reviewed 15 September 2010

From the first night we stayed I found curly hairs in the face clothes and towels in my hotel room. there was also a dryed up face cloth on the shower railing. The 2nd floor is the smoking floor but it reeked of cigarettes and my sheets smelled like smoke. they were not fresh at all. Not to mention My family and I traveled all the way to Plymouth, NC from Boston, MA for my Uncles funeral. The night before we leave to head back to Boston I felt somethign on my leg and I jumped up and drew the sheets back and sure enough there was a HUGH ROACH in the bed with us! I had a heart attack! Long story short the person on duty notified the manager and she said that she'll talk to me when she gets in @ 830am. Lets all be mindful that this incident happended at 3 in the morning. We took our things and waited in the looby. No where to go. NO taxis. I WANNA GO HOME!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank b0st0n123
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I love this hotel and we stay here every August during a church convention in Plymouth. This hotel is a blessing b/c we used to have to stay at Port-o-Plymouth Inn (gross). The staff is very friendly, and the rooms are clean. There is a Bojangles right in the same block, and there are restaurants further up the road. I love the breakfast bar and the service. The front desk workers are very accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank mdcoffey7
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Everything about the hotel room was great. Only complaint is that the hot part of breakfast was not ready at the start time. There are no other chain motels around so I was a bit worried that there was no incentive for the motel to be clean, nice, good staff, etc but was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I stay in a lot of places for business, and this HIE was a pleasant surprise. The hotel was clean, staff friendly and the room was spacious. The hot breakfast was very nice--with eggs, bacon, hot cinnamon rolls, cereals, various beverages, fruit--anything you'd desire, really. There were hot chocolate chip cookies in the evening around dinner time and a large basket of fruit available anytime. My only concern was the very large roach I had to kill in my room upon arrival! My room had a balcony and I assume it had entered under that door......didn't see any other bugs and the bed linens, towels and bathroom were very clean. It was a good experience and I'd stay there again without question.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2009

I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of everything at this Holiday Inn Express. It is the only "name brand" hotel in town ... as a matter of fact, it's the only one for about 30 miles in any direction. With no real competition, the staff could easily let it slide, and it would still be successful because there is no other real choice. However, they did nothing of the kind. It was one of the nicer Holiday Inn Express locations I have stayed at. The bed was very comfy, the bathroom was huge, and everything was very clean. The hot breakfast was good, with eggs and one meat choice each day. The room had a fridge, iron, coffee maker, small microwaver & hairdryer, and all were in great repair and looked very new. The fitness room contained only 3 machines and no weights, but it was very clean and well stocked with towels and water. There was free internet access in the very small business center, including a printer that actually worked. I needed a place to stay within close driving distance of the historic site Somerset Place, a slave plantation. This was perfect!

There's not much to do in Plymouth itself, and very few restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We decided to stay in this small town and the Holiday Inn Express reviews were good. They were right! This hotel is very nice, the room was large and bed comfortable. Everything worked fine and the bathroom lighting was very good. The staff is welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was good and watched carefully by the staff to be sure it was correct. We noticed the health department had given it a 100% favorable recently. The management is also concerned about not wasting electricity as there was a motion sensor in the room that activated the heat/AC only when the room is occupied. A good thing. A good find in a small town.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Williamston
Captain's Quarters Inn
Captain's Quarters Inn
#4 of 8 in Edenton

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!