“Older but clean”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Plymouth
Minneapolis
“Older but clean”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Wireless internet connection was sporadic - the worst I've experienced at a Holiday Inn Express.
The first floor has doors to the parking lot which compounds the noise. There was a lot of slamming doors from people going to the pool or to smoke.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Rooms are old - hooks in bathroom falling off. Fairly clean rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BMWMinneapolis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My wife and I stop in Plymouth at least twice a year. Generally on our way to the beach. The Holiday Inn Express is a perfect location when traveling to the Outer Banks. Its about 2 hours from the beach, so we stop for a rest, and continue our trip in the morning.The staff is very friendly.They always offer us a snack at check in. We enjoy sitting on the balcony they have overlooking the pool. We always bring our dog and this hotel is non smoking and pet friendly. The grounds of the hotel are great for walking the dog. There is even a pond on sight.
Great service,Great location, and a wonderful breakfast .

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The staff at this hotel is excellant. They make you feel like you are a guest in their home. It's a very clean hotel.
The breakfast was wonderful. They served it to me early because of my business meeting.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank roserose9365
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I found ants and mouse droppings in room, and once i even had a baby tick on my arm. Very dirty/dusty hotel. Pillows are absoluetly awful. My feet stuck to bathroom floor. Spider webs in lamps. Towels are hard, yellow and shredded.

Single woman given room with adjoining room. Does not make a girl feel safe. Then had front desk man open my room at midnight. Thank god for security bar. Said he was checking the room to see if occupied, doesnt the phone work?

Only good thing...pancakes free in the morning, if you dont mind looking at mouse trap on ledge behind machine

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank mechg
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 September 2010

From the first night we stayed I found curly hairs in the face clothes and towels in my hotel room. there was also a dryed up face cloth on the shower railing. The 2nd floor is the smoking floor but it reeked of cigarettes and my sheets smelled like smoke. they were not fresh at all. Not to mention My family and I traveled all the way to Plymouth, NC from Boston, MA for my Uncles funeral. The night before we leave to head back to Boston I felt somethign on my leg and I jumped up and drew the sheets back and sure enough there was a HUGH ROACH in the bed with us! I had a heart attack! Long story short the person on duty notified the manager and she said that she'll talk to me when she gets in @ 830am. Lets all be mindful that this incident happended at 3 in the morning. We took our things and waited in the looby. No where to go. NO taxis. I WANNA GO HOME!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank b0st0n123
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I love this hotel and we stay here every August during a church convention in Plymouth. This hotel is a blessing b/c we used to have to stay at Port-o-Plymouth Inn (gross). The staff is very friendly, and the rooms are clean. There is a Bojangles right in the same block, and there are restaurants further up the road. I love the breakfast bar and the service. The front desk workers are very accommodating.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank mdcoffey7
Delaware
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Everything about the hotel room was great. Only complaint is that the hot part of breakfast was not ready at the start time. There are no other chain motels around so I was a bit worried that there was no incentive for the motel to be clean, nice, good staff, etc but was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hampton Inn Edenton
#3 of 6 in Williamston
Days Inn Williamston
Days Inn Williamston
#4 of 6 in Williamston

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!