“A little more expensive than some other options in Plymouth, but well worth it”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here while traveling through on our bikes, and picked the Holiday Inn Express because of some negative reviews for other hotels/motels in the area. The price was reasonable, the staff was friendly and the rooms were free. There are not a lot of places to stay in this area so we were glad we found it!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander Z
Diane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our propety. We take great pride in giving our guests the confident service that makes them return again and again. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Wasn't the cleanest or loveliest place this family has ever spent the night, but certainly not the worst. Room was passable but not spotless. Cigarette buts on charmless concrete balcony, black mascara (?) stains on tub. But for 1 night at the priceline rate ($65) I got cannot complain, well not too much.

Small, busy pool was welcome in the NC July heat.As were 24 hr drinks in the breakfast area. Breakfast was hairy but convenient. Ran out of everything. Very crowded on Sat morning. Get there early if you want to grab a bite before heading out.

Appreciated efficient express check out. Perfect for economical, quick overnight on the way to the Outer Banks.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have motel style parking in front of room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I was leary at first because of some of the reviews I saw but the lady at bojangles which happens to be right in front of the hotel said they were under new management. So we stayed and I have to say I am glad we did. One of the best hotel experiences we have had. The front desk clerk Vicky was awesome. I was there with my 2 teenage daughters on the way home from the outer banks and she was very helpful. Our room was clean and for once I didnt have to ask for extra pillows as there were 4 on each bed. Nor did I have to go down for extra towels. Glad we stayed and will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kely1978

Thank you for your gracious remarks. We take pride in being the best place in town. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

This was a great motel for a great rate. The staff was very helpful. The room we were given smelled of smoke and when we went back to the desk we were immediately given a different room. The rooms were large, clean, and bright. The bed was very comfortable. The next morning we were surprised at the breakfast bar. It had much more than danish and coffee. The dining area for the breakfast was large and very clean.
Overall this was a good experience and we would definately stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jermoore
Reviewed 31 March 2012

After our disaster at the "inn" down the road, we went to this hotel. Much, much, much better. Very clean. The beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast was very good for a complementary breakfast! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My Dad and I stayed at this hotel while visiting our family in the area. Andrea and Felicia, who worked the front desk, were exceptionally helpful throughout our stay. The room was alright, considering the alarm clock was not working, and the desk telephone was broken. I had a problem with my door lock when I first arrived and Diane, the manager came to check it out. I was so unimpressed with her that I didn't even bother turning in the other items that were not working; I preferred getting along without them to listening to another one of her spiels. “The straw that broke the camel’s back,” was on Wednesday with Amanda's handling of my checkout. I made reservations using one debit/credit card and paid at checkout with another. Amanda said my funds on the first card would be released from their "pending" status in about two hours after checkout. When I called her later that afternoon, she told me it may be overnight before the release would go through. The next day after it was not released I did some research and found that Amanda had not initiated the action needed from the hotel to release the funds. She clearly needs to be at a job where she's not involved with the handling of other people’s money. Felicia got things corrected the next day and I want to thank her for the positive attitude she demonstrated. Diane and Amanda have something in common; dealing with them made me feel as though I had been through the "House of Smoke and Mirrors" at the circus. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone until there is a positive management change.
Steve Styons
Wendell, NC

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank sstyons
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This hotel is located on the way to Outer Banks. Location is good with Bojangles at walking distance.Front desk staff assisted me with the town details and best eating places.In a small town our stay was made very comfortable by customer friendly staff.Rooms were clean and breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are more safe and secured
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hampton Inn Edenton
Holiday Inn Express Williamston
Econo Lodge Williamston
Econo Lodge Williamston
#3 of 6 in Williamston

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!