“love this place”

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

very nice hotel
the layout of the rooms I loved. It is almost a suite with a separate sitting area, wet bar, etc.
very up to date and the staff always very helpful.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Bedford, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Nice, quiet, big rooms, friendly and helpful staff, great location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

My family always stay here when we go to Raleigh to see my in laws. Starbucks in the lobby. Great deal............

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed after realizing I wasn't going to complete my drive and they accomodated me easily over the phone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

This review is way overdue.
We stayed at Hyatt Place when we went down to Raleigh for a family trip. My father had lost his license and the staff was very kind as to except his older one. We had made reservations online.
The room was very clean and spacious and had a very nice flat screen TV.
The hotel staff were very kind and patient with the kids. They even gave us free cookies from the Starbucks.
This was one of the best hotels we've stayed at. We got so much more than what we paid for.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
HyattRaleigh, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
We are flattered that you still remember us and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience with us. We love to hear feedback - after all, it's the only way we know what we do well and where we need to improve.

We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Raleigh.

Brett Hartmann
Director of Sales
Hyatt Place Raleigh - North
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

Allow me to preface by saying that as someone who travels at least 10-15 days out of every month for business, I've developed quite a thick skin when it comes to hotels. I'm usually fairly content so long as the establishment is relatively clean, quiet and safe.

To say that my stay at Hyatt Place North Raleigh fell far short of those criteria may be the understatement of the year. Although I'd anticipated from reading the TripAdvisor reviews prior to booking that the bathrooms might be less than luxurious, I was in no way prepared for what greeted us. Our restroom facility was so dirty that I could not even give my 6 month old son his evening bath. In fact, it was so filthy that we were forced to shower at the home of an old college mate of mine who lives locally. The attached photos speak more candidly than I ever could. I've seen some sub-par bathrooms in my history of hotel-hopping, but this was nearing 'gas station john' proportions. In all fairness, the other amenities were fair, but were also quite a bit more shabby than the heavily photoshopped and studio-lit Hyatt site photos would lead you to believe.

This was not my first experience with the Hyatt chain, however it was bad enough to ensure that I will never patronize their facilities again. Save your money and opt for the Courtyard Marriott Triangle Towne or ANY one of the other 3-4 star hotels just a few seconds up the road that offer a comparable price range (but far exceed in their standards of quality and hospitality).

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank thadoctorizn
HyattRaleigh, General Manager at Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown, responded to this review, 6 July 2011
The comments of our guests are always welcomed and appreciated, no matter how distressful they might be to us. We are extremely sorry our team failed in providing you with the quality and hospitality you expected and certainly deserved.

I was very distressed to read and visibly see that your visit did not measure up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced as a guest in our house. We are service and quality oriented hospitality professionals and our dedicated teams strive to provide each guest with an exceptional experience. Please be assured that the issues you identified have been reviewed in detail with the Housekeeping Manager; such conditions are not acceptable, and there is a distinction between outdated vs. clean that we are responsible for consistently maintaining.

We hope to have the opportunity of serving you more appropriately in the future. Again, thank you for your visit and for your feedback. I hope other aspects of your stay were more enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you again at the Hyatt Place Raleigh- North.

Brian McGhee, CHA
Hyatt Place Raleigh- North
Stillwater, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

As a Hyatt Diamond, I frequently stay at Hyatt Place hotels. The general concept works very well, but it requires vigilance and maintenance. This location shows signs of wear, which led to a subpar experience.

According to the elevator certificates, this building was built around 1998. It's weird to say that a 13 year old hotel is "old", but it appears to be. I received a semi-lumpy bed, where the accumulated use has started to show indentations on one side. This was the worst mattress I've ever had at a Hyatt Place. It's not impossible to sleep, and someone looking for a soft bed might like it, but I did not. A replacement mattress would be better.

The exercise room had the standard equipment for a Hyatt Place - 2 treadmills, bicycle, elliptical. (There's also a separate small outdoor pool, which I did not use.) The elliptical and bicycle made creaky noise when used, signs of age and mediocre maintenance. Properly kept machines shouldn't do that.

The lobby was as packed as I've ever seen a Hyatt Place. The staff was good about putting me away from the soccer and basketball kids, near one end of a high floor. Even though the staff performed well, it's not enough to redeem the property. There are better options around this price point, including the other Hyatt Place in Raleigh.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Adam M
HyattRaleigh, General Manager at Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown, responded to this review, 27 May 2011
Thank you for your loyalty and especially for your feedback – only when our guests care enough to share, can we be made aware as to whether we are exceeding expectations, and where we need to focus more effort and attention.

We are committed to being more complete hosts, and as we work to continue making improvements to the property, we look forward to hosting you on a future visit to this area.

Brian McGhee