Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown
US$327
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbahama breezewet barsitting areafree breakfastnorth raleighparking lotrooms are spaciousfitness centerking bedstaying at this hotelgreat customer servicewonderful stayconvenient locationfront desk staffhotel roomstaff was friendlygreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

First stay at Hyatt Place & was very impressed with the ambiance in hotel lobby and setup & checkin\out options. Bar and lounge area & snack bar was contemporary & intimate. Staff, very professional and accommodating even though when I came back around 10-11pm, they gave my double room away for king\pull out. Staff remembered me & asked if I wanted to change rooms next day but decided not too. The rooms was green, very clean, beds were very comfy, slept like a queen. The air unit little noisy but bearable. Shower\bathroom was nice seemed just tad bit small but fine. The tv for living room & bed was setup for sharing but very cool with great flat panel reception\channels & internet access in a snap. Ate breakfast which was very advertising & plentiful with variety for everyone--no need to leave hotel. Altho' I would have preferred bacon or sausage and eggs on side instead of English muffin sandwiches (egg\turkey or egg\ham). Had a wonderful time and decided to stay another night. The only downside to my trip was that my credit card got compromised by a call that was transferred to my room where some1 posed as hotel reservation staff & indicated the server crashed & needed my info again & appeared to know my name. Evening reservation staff indicated they were warned and indicated this has been happening. Hotel need change room number transfer policy. Staff expedited close out & investigation of issue. Manager was aware of issue before I reached him for comments\suggestions, thanks to Genesis and her professional etiquette. Location was great and very accessible to attractions & restaurants & mall. Price was appropriate for stay. I would definitely consider coming back!

Room Tip: AC unit little noise but bearable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I travel with a sales team for trade-shows so business and comfort are a must. this Hotel has huge rooms that feel like a suite or 1 bd condo with 42" HDTV and state of the art docking / charging stations. beds great,Breakfast first class not your average spread. Most impressive is the staff, the whole time we were here Markus & Genesis ran the lobby like a first class B&B my staff all felt at home they tended to our every need and really made the difference as this was our first visit and I felt like we have known them and been staying here for years. Creating that kind of warmth comes from a company that obviously has gone above and beyond in their recruiting and hiring of the right people. I will most definitely make Hyatt place our go to Hotel for any return visits to the convention center!

Room Tip: I liked first floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had never stayed at a Hyatt before this one, and after my stay I will be looking for it everywhere I go. Where do I start. Check-in was easy and the staff was very pleasant to talk to, the hotel was very clean and the room was fantastic. The room made us feel at home and the bed was very comfortable. I would say you get more than just your money's worth. I hope all Hyatt's will surpass my expectations everywhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We were in Raleigh visiting family and we were traveling with our 3 young children (so 5 of us total in 1 room). With its spacious rooms, included breakfast, and outdoor swimming pool, the Hyatt Place North was a perfect place for our family of 5 to stay for a long weekend. The rooms were clean and well furnished and the staff were exceptionally friendly, The sitting area is a great addition and the pull out sofa bed was comfortable enough for the kids to sleep on.

The breakfast in the morning was well run. It does get crowded, but the staff are great at keeping all the food well stocked and the tables clean. The choices varied somewhat each day, which is nice for variety.

The hotel has an outdoor pool with a couple of lounge chairs and a small table and 4 chairs with an umbrella in one corner. The water was warm and our kids were excited to swim in the pool each day during our stay.

The fitness center is subpar....on the small side with 2 treadmills and 1 stairmaster/elliptical machine. I couldn't get the elliptical to work right, but the treadmill was fine.

I would gladly stay here again when visiting family in the area.

Room Tip: The elevators do tend to be noisy, so request a room away from the elevators. Otherwise, our room was on the 4th floor facing the parking lot and we had not trouble with outside noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gregory W
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Over all very very nice hotel great staff perfect room service was 5 star and the room was more than I could have hoped for. The bed was perfect and soft the maids were even very nice. The staff were super helpful and nice as a person could ask for the over all customer service was great. I even felt the value and cost of the room was the best. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013