“Friendly helpful staff, clean and quiet rooms.”

Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown
Ranked #10 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in this clean, friendly hotel. The staff always greeted us as we came or went, and they were very helpful with all requests. The beds were the Hyatt Signature beds and are by far the best hotel beds I've ever slept on. The room was very large with plenty of space for myself and 3 teenagers. The pull out bed was even comfy (per the 2 sixteen year olds who slept on it) the pool was large for a hotel pool and the water was maybe a touch too warm but certainly tolerable. The only complaint I have is that someone dumped an old fruit salad in the parking lot and after I reported the mess to the front desk, it was still there 8 hours later though it was cleaned up eventually. I was in town for a convention at the downtown convention center and the drive there was easy. Distance was only about 5 miles but took about 15 minutes with traffic lights etc. Overall, excellent hotel and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sherriebabbas
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Place Raleigh Midtown for two nights while in town for work several weeks ago. Overall my stay was very comfortable: the room is very spacious, bed comfortable - the two most important things to me when staying at a hotel. Staff friendly and accommodating. The only things I didn't like were:
1) Around 9am on the day I was checking out, a cleaning lady banged on my door and asked, "What time are you leaving?" - I found this to be incredibly rude, as a) it was early and I had the Do Not Disturb sign on my door (what if I had still been sleeping?), and b) check out wasn't officially for another few hours.
2) Breakfast is provided in the rate, but pretty mediocre overall. It's nice that they provide something, coffee is decent.
3) Pool wasn't filled and there was no mention of this on the website. I had hopes of relaxing by the pool after my meetings, but wasn't able to.
4) Bathroom area that has the toilet and shower is TINY. I'm a thin person and still had to squeeze my body into a corner of the bathroom in order to open/close the door. While the bathroom set-up overall was good, they tried a little too hard to save space here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel was very accommodating and quickly changed an error in billing. The room was spacious and included a sitting area. The breakfast including many items and the choices were good. The only complaint I had was that the vanity with a bright light was directly located in front of the bed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret Z
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I found the hotel staff to be extremely friendly. The rooms are well-appointed and spacious. We had two double beds, a living room area with couch, desk, small table, sink, fridge, and microwave. The bathroom set up was nice as well with a spacious vanity outside the shower and toilet area. the Breakfast had plenty of choices including fruit, yogurt, and cottage cheese. The location is close to everything in Raleigh. For the price I paid, you really can't complain about anything. The fitness room was also accessible 24/7 which was also nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MRuss82799
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Hotel staff was friendly. We had a glass of wine at the bar one evening and the lady working was helpful when it came to restaurants, etc. The breakfast had a nice selection of foods, including egg and cheese on an english muffin. The rooms were nice and clean. Can't complain about our stay at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BlueGreenEyes76
Reviewed 5 February 2014

One of the worst hotel experiences. Hotel staff very unfriendly and unprofessional. Doesn't matter how many times you walk in front of the front desk "The Gallery" no one even says hello unless you speak to them first. They will smile if you engage them first. But its very obvious this a place for a paycheck and nothing more to them. Sitting in hotel lobby now to write this because housekeeping is cleaning my room now because I phoned downstairs to let them know no one ever came to clean. Just so you know it is 2pm. Yesterday was no better. After waiting all day yesterday I called downstairs to let them know that housekeeping had not come and that I needed towels. About an hour later housekeeping showed up with hard as rock towels and held them out for me to take from them. I ended up making my bed and emptying my trash cans and taking my dirty towels and setting them in front of the elevator (which I must admit was probably not my best idea). Some of the sheets have been kept for too long. 2 of the 4 pillow cases were yellow from age. 1 of the 3 sheets used was also yellow. Yes, I said 3 sheets. I asked for the media cable that they advertise in the room for playing movies on the TV from your laptop. I was told that they didnt' have any. If you read that the free breakfast here is good, find the person who wrote that and slap them, HARD! I'm told that the eggs and pastries are not microwaved, I am not so sure about that. Oatmeal was like bad caulk. That reminds me, I need to buy caulk. Signature breakfast sandwiches are good for a quick fix in an emergency if your have a hole in the sole of your shoe. I can assure you that water will not be able to penetrate the breakfast sandwich, my teeth couldn't. Coffee, Horrible! Fruit was watery and tasteless both mornings. We did not take advantage of the free breakfast for the remainder of our stay. While writing this, the manager came over and shook my hand. Oh Lord, how did he know who I was? He was very nice and seemed to care. He was very receptive to all of my complaints. He gave me his card and said he would make sure we would be taken care of if we ever decided to stay here again. I'm happy that he came over. However, be WARNED that the bathroom door will run over your toes if you are not careful. the door comes 1/4" from the front of the toilet. You must stand between the wall and toilet to close the door. If you decide to sit there without shutting the door, remember that it's not a good place to be if you thought you'd be alone and housekeeping surprises you by walking in after ignoring your sheepish "I'm in here, don't come in". You and your junk will be exposed for whoever opens the door. The good news is that no one will probably even bother to come clean your room. If you are thinking to sleep in while your other half gets ready in the morning, think again. Not going to happen! The sink is at the foot of the bed with a very bright light. I think the kind they use when searching for escape convicts from helicopters. Once it finds you it locks on and follows you wherever you may try to hide. The good news is (not for you, but them) now you will be asked, "Will you iron my shirt since you are awake?"

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Vincent A
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is a very well run location. Staff is super friendly and quick to assist in any way they can. Rooms are always clean. Breakfast is as good if not better than comparable hotels. Located less than 1/2 mile from I-440.

Other notes: Hotel is 200 yards from Bahama Breeze, a full service restaurant and about 300 yards from Dennys. Pool is outside, not inside, so it is closed in the winter but better than an indoor pool in the summer. Clean grounds. Plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Elevators are a little slow so the higher your floor the longer you may wait.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business