“Fantastic Hotel in a so-so neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #57 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Fantastic Hotel in a so-so neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

Pros-very clean, friendly front desk, large room, and fantastic linens and towels, free Internet, very good breakfast, and friendly attendant in the breakfast area.

Cons-neighborhood is a little scary Saw several people cutting through parking lot, There is no elevator. I had room on section floor and since I had been traveling for a while had a very large suitcase. I had to just take what I needed for overnight. I ended up making several trips to the car for things I'd forgotten. This is only a 2 floor hotel, so at least I did not have to walk up a lot of steps, but an elevator would have been very nice.

I enjoyed my short stay at this hotel and would stay here again. Holiday Inn Express can be a hit or miss and when I first saw this one I thought it was going to be a miss but I was wrong. I would stay here again. The price was very good, though I found the Hilton to be only $10.00 more, but as we all know, they do not offer free anything like Internet or breakfast.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Maysville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

We only stayed here one night to attend a concert @ the Time Warner Pavillion. First of all, they were very accomodating on the telephone. We had no trouble finding it and it was only 5-10 minutes away from the pavillion. A Wal-Mart and places to eat right there. Rooms were very clean. Sheets, towels, tub, toilet ALL CLEAN. In fact, tub looked new. The only wear & tear I saw in the room was right around the toilet paper holder looked a little grimy. We really enjoyed the breakfast the next morning (eggs, sausage, waffles, pancakes) They have a variety juice machine and lots of fresh coffee. The price was right @ $64 a night and we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Southampton, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2006

The hotel is run by a loveable New Yoiker who is one hell of a guy who really knows how to run a hotel - I wish we booked in earlier cos we would have stayed longer even if we had to travel out further. Beware Holiday Inn corporate - This guy will be snapped up by rivals - He is the best we met in all of North Carolina (we travelled 1,900 miles around the state)- Steve & Marian - New Forest - S England

We'll be back my friend

• Liked — The way it was managed
  • Disliked — We couldnt find anything tangible to complain about - And we do I assure you
  • Stayed August 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2006

About a few blocks away there's a load of shops and restaurants, so the hotel's location is okay. The pool is pretty iffy looking, but hotel has a nice cozy, homey vibe. My room was huge and it had two beds. The bathroom was spacious as well and the whole place was very clean. The wireless didn't work in the lobby at all or internet for that matter, but that was temporary.

It's a basic, Holiday Inn hotel, but cozier than most, spacious rooms and a friendly atmosphere. Good location too for driving around the area as the highway is very close.

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2006

Stayed here to attend our nephew's graduation from UNC. The rooms are clean, new towels, new plumbing fixtures; everything worked. Lobby and common areas were okay. Breakfast was uninspiring.

It was a very satisfactory stay but pricey. But you need to consider the fact that several graduation ceremonies filled up nearly every hotel in the area.

There was some confusion over the cancellation provisions - be careful what rate you click on when booking - there were two identical rates with different cancellation windows.

• Stayed May 2006
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2006

Stayed here while visiting family in the area for Thanksgiving. Was surprised by the cleanliness and large rooms. They have a generous complimentary breakfast buffet. Hotel staff was courteous and friendly.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2002

From the time I walked into the lobby of the hotel, I knew that this was going to be a great stay. I arrived at the hotel on Nov. 20th & left on Nov. 23th. All the front dest agents were very well manered and the housekeeping staff does a great job keeping the place in great condition. I felt very safe at this hotel since I was traveling alone with the 24 hour security. In the morning, the breakfast was filled with fresh food, the workout room was kept clean and the hotel room was filled with great amenities.
They all took their time to insure that I was completly satisfied and I am sure the next time I visit Raleigh, NC I will be staying with the best choice hotel in the area.

I am proud the I ( Stayed Smart! )

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Comfort Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#53 of 84 in Raleigh
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Northeast

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!