Quality Inn
US$72
Red Roof
US$276
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I am staying here for a conference and am getting it for NC state Govt. rate. That rate is $79. It is not really worth that. More like $50/night would be more like it. Right above my door in the hall is a large hole in the ceiling, when I went to open the door I noticed it was already open, it sounded like someone was in it, so I knocked, and opened the door. No one was there, but the window appeared open, so I thought someone may have went out it. The window was closed, but they are single pane and you can hear the traffic outside so good that I can tell what brand of tires people have on their cars. There appears to be dirt or sand on the shower mat. Overall it is just a so so motel, another year or so it will probably be a No-Tel. Meaning don't stay here. Pic attached for the hole in ceiling if I can post it, Pic of bathtub int come clear. The lady at the desk didnt seem very knowledgeable or thrilled to be here.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Pros-very clean, friendly front desk, large room, and fantastic linens and towels, free Internet, very good breakfast, and friendly attendant in the breakfast area.

Cons-neighborhood is a little scary Saw several people cutting through parking lot, There is no elevator. I had room on section floor and since I had been traveling for a while had a very large suitcase. I had to just take what I needed for overnight. I ended up making several trips to the car for things I'd forgotten. This is only a 2 floor hotel, so at least I did not have to walk up a lot of steps, but an elevator would have been very nice.

I enjoyed my short stay at this hotel and would stay here again. Holiday Inn Express can be a hit or miss and when I first saw this one I thought it was going to be a miss but I was wrong. I would stay here again. The price was very good, though I found the Hilton to be only $10.00 more, but as we all know, they do not offer free anything like Internet or breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We only stayed here one night to attend a concert @ the Time Warner Pavillion. First of all, they were very accomodating on the telephone. We had no trouble finding it and it was only 5-10 minutes away from the pavillion. A Wal-Mart and places to eat right there. Rooms were very clean. Sheets, towels, tub, toilet ALL CLEAN. In fact, tub looked new. The only wear & tear I saw in the room was right around the toilet paper holder looked a little grimy. We really enjoyed the breakfast the next morning (eggs, sausage, waffles, pancakes) They have a variety juice machine and lots of fresh coffee. The price was right @ $64 a night and we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2006

The hotel is run by a loveable New Yoiker who is one hell of a guy who really knows how to run a hotel - I wish we booked in earlier cos we would have stayed longer even if we had to travel out further. Beware Holiday Inn corporate - This guy will be snapped up by rivals - He is the best we met in all of North Carolina (we travelled 1,900 miles around the state)- Steve & Marian - New Forest - S England

We'll be back my friend

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 21 May 2006

About a few blocks away there's a load of shops and restaurants, so the hotel's location is okay. The pool is pretty iffy looking, but hotel has a nice cozy, homey vibe. My room was huge and it had two beds. The bathroom was spacious as well and the whole place was very clean. The wireless didn't work in the lobby at all or internet for that matter, but that was temporary.

It's a basic, Holiday Inn hotel, but cozier than most, spacious rooms and a friendly atmosphere. Good location too for driving around the area as the highway is very close.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business