“A good budget hotel, v clean, ideal location, quiet and excellent value!!!”

Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh North
Ranked #42 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Exceptional modern budget hotel. Rooms spacious, clean and very comfortable. A great little breakfast included. Little gym and spa pool included. Beds comfy and crisp white sheets, comes with fridge, microwave and coffee machine. Free papers delivered to room.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Scud2010

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Overall, I have to agree with many other reviewers and say that this hotel is a good value given its low prices. A few situational things annoyed me--like being on the first floor directly next to the lobby, the workout room, the pool, the parking lot, and the elevators. It was terribly noisy. The breakfast was good, the internet was super fast and easy to use, and the staff, for the most part, were helpful.
I should mention something odd that happened during my stay, however. I rented my noisy room for 4 nights, and during my first night there, I dropped a piece of my chinese food dinner on my clean (I hope) white sheet. After cursing myself for being so clumsy, I decided that--even though the stain was barely noticeable--I would ask for my sheets to be washed and changed. I'm all for saving the environment; I resolved not to make a mess anymore and to stick with my newly washed sheets for the remainder of my stay. The next day when I got in, I found that they had changed my sheets, as I requested. At least, that's what it looked like. To my surprise, they had merely FLIPPED my sheet and remade the bed. The stain--barely noticeable--was still there, but on the other side of my bed! The wheels started to turn--did they EVER change their sheets?--but I talked myself down and decided to try again for new sheets the next day. I requested new bedding again (it's not like I had harmed the environment the first time around) and came back to the room to find the bed freshly made again. With the same sheets! The stain was still there, as were my old sheets. So... one can't help but be a little paranoid. I hope the management knows this kind of thing is happening. It strikes me as odd--isn't it just as easy to put fresh sheets on a bed than it is to strip it down and merely flip the sheet around?

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the first floor. It's too noisy!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Stayed here one night. Easy to find, although not that easy to find somewhere locally to eat (it is not particularly near any town centres, etc). The room was comfortable with everything you would expect to find in a large chain hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel facilities all functional, but not with the glamour of some of the other chains, although at this price you can't complain! Would definitely recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I was going to be in town for several nights, so... like all good employees, I wanted to be very budget minded. The price was rights, the reviews were pretty solid - so I decided to take the chance.
Chance paid dividends this time!
This hotel is pretty standard for a Wingate, so if you have stayed at a Wingate before - there won't be any surprises - good or bad! That's always a good thing!
There is plenty of free parking, the lobby is clean, the staff is friendly enough (not stellar, but not rude, or inattentive)
I was in a Jr. Suite (Couch, Microwave, Mini-Fridge)
The room was clean, smelled fresh, and nice all the way around. The A/C wasn't overly loud, and there was plenty of hot water for relaxing showers.
My room was made up very well each day, and everything (amenities) had been restocked, and the room smelled fresh each day - not OVERPOWERED with a chemical smell, but a nice fresh and clean smell.
My bill was accurate at check-out, and I was on my way.
Nothing major to mention about my stay - the property is well maintained and 'decently' managed.
The location is a little odd - it's tough to find if you don't have a GPS as you have to make a series of turns to find the right road. It's easy to find on return trips during your stay though.
You shouldn't have any surprises, I know I didn't!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2011

No complaints here. Perfect for 1 or 2 nights. Clean public areas and rooms. About 50% larger than marriot, holiday inn rooms etc...Not for someone looking for a lot of extras but for 69 bucks you shouldn't expect that anyway.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Travelforbiz2011
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We stayed in this hotel over the Thanksgiving , weekend. The room was spotless (appeared to recently have been updated). Nice linens, extra touches - microwave, fridge, coffee station,Free wi-fi., Nice complimentary breakfast (they even provided me with a tray so I could take it up to the room to my husband). Location was convenient. The staff here is very friendly and accommodating. One downside, the walls seem to be paper thin - you could here people talking in the room next door and of course the TV.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I had specificalyl requested a low fllor room away from the elevator, so they gave me a 3rd floor room right next to the elevator, which is bizarre considering I booked and made this request a long time before. Even if they allocate rooms that day, you would have though one room in the whole hotel would have been away from the elvator!
Breakfast was pretty dismal - apples and bananas ran out. Coffee was surprisingly good. You could make your own waffles, everything else looked like something NASA had engineered, and wa sin a cellophane packet and had to be mircowaved to bring it to life! Omelettes in a packet very very scary. Room was spacious, would prefer two QQ to 2 DD, but it is what it is! Nicwe to have a small extra coupel of feet to incporate the fridge and microwave and closet. Bed was surprisingly comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends