Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh North
US$72
Red Roof
US$276
  • Pool
All reviewssoftball tournamentcoffee machineroom was cleancapital blvdpleasant stayshort driveenjoyed my staywould stay here againwafflesthe staff was greatup to datethe breakfast areabusiness tripdeskhairdryerdowntowninterstate
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We had a fine stay, nice and quiet, and everything was clean. That is, until there was a fire (or at least large plumes of smoke from the windows; I didn't stick around to see what was causing them) and all the alarms went off. What's funny is that the alarms, while loud in the hall, weren't terribly noticeable in the room itself--I probably could have slept through them-- and no one on staff seemed to take charge in terms of getting guests out of there. People kept meandering in and out, eating their breakfast, etc. The stupidity of the guests aside, I feel like there should have been some training at some point that covered staff's responsibilities in the event of a fire. Oh well. That aside, though, it really was a nice stay.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Petrie1
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at Wingate on a Thursday night. First time I've stayed at a Wingate and was pleasantly surprised. For only $56, you get a nice, comfy room and beds, above average breakfast in AM, decent surroundings. Was surprised they still have older type TV's in the cabinet, but you can't have it all! I stay at Wyndham properties often but this was a level above Days Inn and for the same price or less. Try it if in area...right off Capital Blvd which is a good location to get around downtown...NCSU...Crabtree Mall..etc.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2012

the site for windham and the front desk show no problem with dogs. I had a multiday booking and came back and was locked out because, all of a sudden, mid-visit they decided they did not like dogs -- mine is very small, quiet and not a mess. The hotel manager was very aggressive and literally screaming at me and my guest. I have never had any kind of experience with any company like this before. I was in a handicap room and it was not a roll in shower, there was some mildew in the ceiling over the shower and the bottom of the chair was ripped and it was missing the footstool. Not exactly the best neighborhood - I was actually glad I had the dog with me.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Exceptional modern budget hotel. Rooms spacious, clean and very comfortable. A great little breakfast included. Little gym and spa pool included. Beds comfy and crisp white sheets, comes with fridge, microwave and coffee machine. Free papers delivered to room.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Scud2010
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Overall, I have to agree with many other reviewers and say that this hotel is a good value given its low prices. A few situational things annoyed me--like being on the first floor directly next to the lobby, the workout room, the pool, the parking lot, and the elevators. It was terribly noisy. The breakfast was good, the internet was super fast and easy to use, and the staff, for the most part, were helpful.
I should mention something odd that happened during my stay, however. I rented my noisy room for 4 nights, and during my first night there, I dropped a piece of my chinese food dinner on my clean (I hope) white sheet. After cursing myself for being so clumsy, I decided that--even though the stain was barely noticeable--I would ask for my sheets to be washed and changed. I'm all for saving the environment; I resolved not to make a mess anymore and to stick with my newly washed sheets for the remainder of my stay. The next day when I got in, I found that they had changed my sheets, as I requested. At least, that's what it looked like. To my surprise, they had merely FLIPPED my sheet and remade the bed. The stain--barely noticeable--was still there, but on the other side of my bed! The wheels started to turn--did they EVER change their sheets?--but I talked myself down and decided to try again for new sheets the next day. I requested new bedding again (it's not like I had harmed the environment the first time around) and came back to the room to find the bed freshly made again. With the same sheets! The stain was still there, as were my old sheets. So... one can't help but be a little paranoid. I hope the management knows this kind of thing is happening. It strikes me as odd--isn't it just as easy to put fresh sheets on a bed than it is to strip it down and merely flip the sheet around?

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the first floor. It's too noisy!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo