“Very average hotel.”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #58 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I visited Raleigh recently and booked this hotel through Choice Hotels. Overall it was ok. I had to request new bed sheets since the set that came with my room had hair in them and nasty looking stains. The new set wasn't much better at all. They too had hairs and stains in them. Terrible.

The shower was the best shower I've ever been in for a hotel. The staff was friendly. The location is good too. Value was good. But the bed was awful as mentioned before in the comment about the sheets. By the way, the internet connection was good.

Overall, it was average. I would be willing to stay again maybe in the future. The sheets and bed thing was a big negative.

Room Tip: Check your sheets.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
EconolodgeInn, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

I am so glad to hear that you would stay with us again. I am happy that you enjoyed the oversized shower we have and that the staff here made you feel welcome. I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with the bed sheets. What can I say, we dropped the ball on this one. Due to some error a batch of bad laundry got mixed up with the good ones and went out on the floors. I am extremely sorry for it. We will try our best so that it does not happen again. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Walked into the hotel lobby on an 80 degree day, the lobby was just as warm and humid as it was outside. I was told the manager keeps the air off! Other than the initial blast of heat, the room was quite clean, the receptionist warm and friendly. The location is kind of out of the way, but overall it's not a bad hotel for the price.

• Stayed: May 2013

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to the lobby air conditioning not working. All though I am not sure as to who would inform you that the a/c was off as per the manager's instruction. Yes it is true that the lobby a/c was malfunctioning during the time you were here. But I am pleased to inform you that the issue has been fixed and the lobby is nice and cool again.

And I am glad that the staff working here took care of you and made you feel welcome and overall you had a pleasant stay.

Thank you for you r honest comments. We appreciate it.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I did not have a car and the street is dark at nite..when bus dropped me off..The breakfast was the same every day..lacked my favorite fruit ..Bananas..!..otherwise, it was comfortable..and close to Waffle House..dont know if I will stay again..

Room Tip: Good value for the money!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
EconolodgeInn, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Mexicanaorgullosa,
Thanks for posting your review. We are glad that you had a comfortable stay and find the Hotel to be of a GOOD VALUE for your hard earned money. I am sorry that you feel the city street does not have adequate lighting. It is outside of our control to change anything about it. And yes your favorite fruit "Bananas", we have them for breakfast at randaom times unfortunately you missed them.
Hope you will stay again with us.

Team Econo Lodge

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I would like to say that this hotel was amazing. Rooms were very clean and staff GREAT!! My husband and I decided to have a date night......Well you know the rest!!! I would rate this hotel as a 5+ :)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
EconolodgeInn, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Ms. Nicole,
We are very happy that you had a wonderfull and memorable night at our hotel. We appreciate your patronage very much. We hope to see you on your future "Dates" here at the Econo Lodge Inn and Suites. We will be here to take care of you.

Thank You.
Team Econo Lodge.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

My daughter and I had an overnight stay in this hotel. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. The staff were nice especially the lady receptionist who welcomed us with a smile. There was a slight problem with our room assignment at first but we were attended promptly by the cleaning lady who was very considerate of giving us a non-smoking, freshly cleaned room. Consequently, I slept well that night. This was our first time in this hotel and it was indeed wonderful!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quiet!
Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
EconolodgeInn, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Ms. Lily,

Thank you so much for a great review!!!

We are glad to know you were promptly taken care of by the staff upon your arrival and had a good night sleep. We try our best to satisfy all our guest and provide clean and comfortable place. Hope to see you again when you are visiting the area.

And thank you again for taking time to post your comments.

Econo Lodge Staff

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We recently stayed at the Econo Lodge in Raleigh for a Youth Conference and as always we were well pleased. They have clean rooms, good friendly service and always makes us feel welcomed. Thanks Mike for all you do for us.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
EconolodgeInn, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the kind words.
Our team will always be here to welcome you any time you are in Raleigh.We are glad that you had a pleasant stay and will continue to provide the same great customer service that you are so used to.
Looking forward to see you and all the kids again for 2013 conference.

Econo Lodge Management.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

The staff was great, gave good area information, Room appeared very nice, neat and clean but when it was time to go to bed turned back the sheets and there was blood all over the bed the sheets had not been changed,and the AC didnt work properly it kept cutting off. it was a major disappointment because we really loved the place other than that.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lisa G
EconolodgeInn, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Ms. Lisa,
Thank you for taking time out to write the review. I am glad that you found the hotel with great value for your stay. Also noted that you found the sheets uncleanand the AC not working in your room. Unfortunately i am unable to locate your stay with us during the month of October. Neither could i find a log of any issue such as yours brought up by any customer during the month of October. So i am wondering if you have the right location. And if so please contact the hotel and we would like to get this right for you. At the Econo Lodge here our maintainence dept tries to fix any issues that we are made aware of by the guest.

Econo Lodge Management