“Horror at the Sleep Inn on Appliance Court!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #55 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
New Jersey
“Horror at the Sleep Inn on Appliance Court!”
Reviewed 29 August 2006

Don"t Ever Stay At This Hotel! This hotel experience was the worst experience I have ever had. I booked my reservation for two rooms with one credit card and when I arrived I gave another credit card to hold the rooms. I discovered on my second night that they had charged both cards.When I spoke with the General Manager I was stunned at his horrible attitude. Mike Patel the general manager was rude, loud, and threatning. He had the audacity to tell me that he didn't like my attitude and was waiting for me to change my attitude and then and only then would he help me! I had to go upstairs and call the 1-800 number for choice hotels and they had to make him fax a letter to my bank requesting that they release the hold on the first credit card. There was no southern hospitality! I also discovered that there was dried blood on a boxspring in the room. We had a problem with the toilet because it was clogged as was the sink. The toilet in the restroom located in the lounge was filthy! There were scary looking maintenance men who looked me up and down and stared inappropriately. At night in the lounge area there were tons of construction workers and No Security! I was really shocked and disappointed in this hotel and I was afraid because I was traveling with my elderly parents and sister. I guess the old adage, "you get what you pay for is true." The next time I will stay at a Marriot or the Hampton Inn.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing.
  • Disliked — The unprofessional manager and filthy rooms.
  • Tips/Secrets — For security reasons pick a hotel with security.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BronzeGoddess

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Concord, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2005

This motel was okay for a one night stay. All we needed was a place to sleep for the night and the price was right. It was clean and quiet, but nothing special.

Stayed May 2005
1 Thank Sioux-Bee
Lexington, KY
Reviewed 29 March 2004

The place is clean and fairly new, but the amenities are either skimpy or given grudgingly. When we were there the "hot" tub was at about 70 degrees, not hot by any stretch of the imagination. Front desk gave us a line about it being a state law, which is nonsense. The rooms have that kind of garish, modern look common to all Sleep Inns, which is not especially restful.

• Stayed March 2004