Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North Raleigh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsdecent staydecent hotelshort drivebed was very comfortablegreat customer servicewould stay againsaidatoasterralieghkitchenettedowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Good location in North Raleigh. The staff was nice. The rooms were dirty. Bed was uncomfortable. The Priceline deal of $65/night was nice. The rooms were quiet, I never heard others talking while I was in my room at anytime. The hotel pictures were deceptive and misrepresented the true hotel (the hotel was cleaner and renovated in pictures). If you don't mind people loitering about, this hotel would be for you. I stayed for 4 nights and never had a problem, but did feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed there for 4 months on a business assignment. Front desk is excellent. Maintence person is excellent. Good value for the price. Housekeeping is hit and miss. It depends on who gets your room as to the quality of the cleaning. Grounds are kept clean and well as halls and lobby. Grab and go breakfast bar is nice for those with busy schedules.
I chose it for the price, pet acceptance and micro kitchen.

Some of their quests can be a little sketchy but in general if you let them alone they will do the same.

Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our maintenance engineer and the service our staff provided to you overall. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed our common areas, your room and the grab-and-go breakfast. In regards to the housekeeping issue you commented on, I can assure you that I am addressing this with my staff so that we can improve our cleaning procedures moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at rnr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Housekeeping is horrible. The place looked like my kids 'cleaned' it…debris/pamphlets behind furniture. half-*** cleaning on countertops and surfaces, carpets not vacuumed, furniture/decor weathered and dated. And, the bathroom just creepy-pubic hairs on toilet and long hairs in shower. I'm so glad I'm just here for 1 night and I pray nothing jumps on me while I'm here. And, this was the better room because the previous room was in a smoke filled hallway. I changed to this room and had to seal the floor with a towel to stop the cigarette smoke from coming in. It's not as bad as the other. I had a similar experience in another city at an Extended Stay and left 5 min after check out. But, I had my car. On this trip I was dropped off and stranded. However, this trip has cast an impression on me, reminding me to never stay at and ESA ever again. It's reminiscent of the Motel 6's of the 80's, the only difference is the doors are on the inside hallway. Yuck!

PS I called from the airport for a shuttle and was put on hold for 10 minutes. I hung up and took a Taxi. They seemed to be understaffed all the way around. the front desk person had a wonderful personality and was very accommodating-but her demeanor couldn't compensate for where ESA falls extremely short. Morning can't come soon enough.

Room Tip: don't choose a room go somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Booked on pet friendly hotels.com that said pets say free. Checked in was charged $56.00 for my pet, went to my room brought up the website went to the front desk were they said they never heard of that, did eventually return my money but was not happy about it. There was no TP in the room when we got in, counter had stains and burns on it, no tv guide, near next to channels. Came in from loading our truck and a member of the staff was hovering a round our door. Will not stay here again neither should.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Check in was fine. Hotel lobby & hallway to to rooms were nice; however there was a guest at the desk who smelled like weed. When I talked to the gentleman at the counter he said that he was going to have a talk with him. I didnt undertstand why he didnt put him out or call the police. The elevator smelled like weed (they only have one elevator) and cigarette butts on the floor. When I went out to grab my things from the car I saw the guest again but this time with a friend. They both smelled like weed & had the elevator stinking. The room was cute & I was surprised to see That they offered a mini kitchen. Although we didnt have plans to use the kitchen I did an expection. The refrigerator & freezer had a few juice/food stains and the sink wasnt nasty but it wasnt cleaned properly. The bathroom "looked" clean but there was a faint smell of urine. Overall this would be a nice place to stay but I would suggest they hire a new housecleaning team & be mindful of who they allow to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tyneca J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The situation you described regarding the odor of smoke and housekeeping is truly regrettable.

We are sincerely apologize for your experience. I have contacted the local authorities and they will be assisting me in stopping this type of behavior to ensure that smoking pot does not happen again in the future. Also, I have and will be working with my housekeepers to assure top quality cleanliness in my rooms.

Once again, thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at rrp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.