“Expect Excellence at Hilton by Double Tree”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University
Ranked #13 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, NC, United States
“Expect Excellence at Hilton by Double Tree”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Recently stayed at the Raleigh NC location at Brownstone. Staff was friendly, yet professional. Rooms was cleaned comfortable and enjoyed the access to the balcony for fresh air. My only complaint is that October, the room cost should have been lower.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This was a very friendly hotel and I found everyone from the front desk to the restaurant staff among the friendliest I've encountered on my current business trip.

The hotel on the outside looked a bit tired, and I was a tad concerned that I made a mistake because I wasn't familiar with Raleigh.

Once inside, the staff exuded warmth and my fears were put aside. As in the Doubletree tradition, which I love, they gave me a warm chocolate chip cookie and off I went to my room.

The elevator was beat up and in need of renovation or a new look. And the hallways leading to my room also needed some updates.

Inside, the room was a good size and the decor had all the regular touches. Perhaps it's my own design taste, but I wasn't thrilled with the color design with reds and blacks dominating.

The bed was extremely comfortable, so much so I looked to see what type of mattress I was sleeping on. Come to find out it was Tempurpedic and it was excellent!

The bathroom was small but it made the most use of the space. I felt the sink counter was very low compared to most hotels.

The breakfast buffet in the morning was a good value for around $10 and worth going to. The staff in this restaurant was fast, friendly and efficient.

All in all, I liked the hotel but because it needs some updating I must put it in the average category.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The staff was very helpful and accommodating! The warm cookie along with the warm welcome given to me at check-in really started me off with a great stay. Everyone from the bar to housekeeping to front desk was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Raleigh area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Mooresville, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This room was extremely expensive. I had to pay extra for queen beds. For this price a breakfast should be provided. There is no pool, hot tub or sauna. Staff was friendly. DoubleTree really needs more than a warm cookie in Raleigh!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

bill_winn, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us. At our hotel, we like to provide a personalized experience for each of our guests, but also look for ways to keep costs low while providing comfort and convenience. We appreciate your feedback and we’ll keep it in mind as we work to make our services better.
Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Last minute travel is not easy under the duress of losing a family member. Derek Allen, a group reservation specialist, was able to make a group reservation with three days notice for a multitude of people arriving at different times, from all over the East Coast. The rooms were clean, beds were excellent-slept well especially given the situation. The YMCA next door was beautiful. I am contemplating a membership at my own after being in that great facility! They were able to group us near each other on the same floor. One of the people in the group did say there was a lot of chatter from outside the room during the night and he didn't sleep well.

Room Tip: Maybe choose a room on the side closer to the YMCA. The street side rooms may have been loud for th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Do NOT stay here if you want any kind of sleep. Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a special night out - it was a total disaster. There was a party going on in the room next to ours until 4 a.m. Even after we heard the manager tell the people that if they continued, they would be asked to leave, these people continued with the partying and yelling and running up and down the hallways all morning. In addition, we had a drink at the bar, and waited 30 minutes to try and pay our tab. The bartender had left the bar unattended and hotel staff couldn't seem to figure out where they went. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything. Not worth the price. Terrible!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

bill_winn, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, since we work hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience. We see that noise was an issue during your stay. While we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods, we also encourage guests to contact the front office so that we can address noise issues to ensure comfort and safety. We are sorry that other guests interrupted your comfort and we’ve shared your review with our security team. We hope that the next time you return to the area you’ll stay with us again.
Pittsboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I had been waiting over 5 years to get married and we got a date with the hotel within 4 months of our wanted wedding date (not that this is the way I would recommend anyone to do that). I worked with Heather Bradley to begin with and she was very helpful, but then due to some scheduling conflicts occurred and we met with Natasha Murray who was the Senior Catering Sales Manager, to see the space. We have nothing but good things to say about her and she was spot on and very helpful with EVERYTHING. Natasha was wonderful and very attentive during our entire ceremony and reception and the wait staff that worked with us for our rehearsal and reception were amazing and very sweet. My guests loved the food and the atmosphere. The complimentary hotel room was AHHH-mazing and I felt like a princess the morning off, despite my lack of sleep due to excitement. We all felt very welcomed and I am so glad we chose the Brownstone

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family