“Nice recently refurbished”

Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed one night as part of a east coast tour. On the downside it is about 8 miles from downtown raleigh, took me 15 minutes to drive down. Hotel has been recently refurbished , typical hampton with fridge and microwave we had a nice suite , air con was not brilliant in bedroom but sitting area was great . Breakfast was better than other hampton I have stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Mrgreeny67,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn; we're glad you had a good stay and hope you've enjoyed touring the east coast! I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed our amenities and found our breakfast above average. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you pass through Raleigh!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed there and loved it. The beds were sooo comfortable and the hospitality was some of the best. The little touches like fresh cookies in the evening and a goody bag as you leave were nice. They really do care. Everything was in excellent shape. Will definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear vernessar2014,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hampton Inn and are delighted you had an outstanding stay! We're grateful for your kind words for our staff and are happy you found your bed so comfortable. Thanks again for your comments and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked this room for a family wedding never having been here so we didn't know what to expect. Check in was a breeze and the lobby is pretty and spacious. Finding a parking space was harder than checking in, seems everyone wants to park near the door! We had requested a suite and that's exactly what they gave us. It was a first floor HP room which i will say was beautiful and very spacious. We really enjoyed the suite and would stay here again. The people were very nice and the rooms very clean. We weren't here much but to sleep so i can't say how the pool or breakfast or anything else was. One thing I do know is the coffee here is the worst thing:( not even close to Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks so be prepared if your looking to enjoy for first cup of the morning! But everything else in the hotel is new condition and the staff friendly and very helpful. thanks for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Jamericangirltings,

Thank you for your review & we hope you had fun at the wedding! I'm very pleased you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your suite so much. I do apologize for any inconvenience with the coffee and our corporate team will discuss your comments. Otherwise, we're grateful for your 5-star ratings and can't wait to see you the next time you're in Raleigh! Thanks again for your praise.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This Hampton is newer and nice. We have no issues at all. The location is slightly away from Capital Ave, and therefore quieter. Breakfast sandwiches microwaved up nicely, and were a good change from the buffet of eggs, sausage, etc.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Iowagopher,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn; we're happy you had a comfortable, quiet stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast! We really appreciate your high ratings and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Raleigh. Thanks again for your praise!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

There are so many options in Raleigh, and I'm glad I chose this hotel. My first impression upon walking in was how clean an airy the lobby felt. The man who checked me in was efficient and very friendly. We are (last night is tonight) on the fifth floor and it is super quiet. We are almost the last room in our hallway and I haven't heard any hallway noise. The room is clean. The beds were comfortable. I did not detect any odors in our non-smoking room. We did not have our room cleaned during our stay because my kids' things were all over the place, but the woman on our floor was super friendly and asked if I needed any towels when I walked by in the morning.

I can't comment on the cable because we never turned on the TV or the exercise room. We used the pool on our first night and it was clean but I do wish there were more towels outside.

I agree with previous posts about the very slow shower drain. It would not have bothered us except we have three kids that all need baths, and waiting for the tub to drain between baths was annoying. The breakfast was fine. My kids liked the Trix yogurt. Linda brought them coloring books and crayons and the kids felt very special (she's wonderful - so friendly!!).

We will book this hotel for our next trip to Raleigh.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear NJ_Geology,

We appreciate you writing a detailed review of your stay and are happy you've enjoyed it! There are indeed many options around so we're excited to hear you felt you "picked a good one" and found our staff very friendly and efficient. I will also pass your comments regarding your tub onto our team for further discussion. Otherwise, thanks again for your high ratings and we look forward to your next trip to Raleigh!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was in Raleigh for 3 nights in order to get over to the Carolina Mudcats baseball games. Was not sure which hotel to stay in, but am so glad I picked this one! The room was perfect, and ALL of the staff were particularly friendly and helpful, especially reception, but also the maids and even the pool guy. The pool and pool area were exceptionally clean and it was actually large enough to swim laps in. As others have noted, I too did not care for packaged breakfast (because I don't like my oatmeal packaged), but I did take advantage of the evening reception with some great pizza. And I always look forward to the warm cookies. Thank you Hampton, for being in locations with easy access to what I need ! Try the Crazy Fire Mongolian BBQ next door. It was excellent for food, service and price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Sandra P,

Thank you for your review - we hope you enjoyed the baseball games! I'm glad you had an excellent stay and found our staff so accommodating and friendly. It's also great to hear you could attend our manager's reception during your visit. Thanks again for your praise and 5-star ratings and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Beds are very comfortable, room was clean, ran into a little snag at check-in but that was handled promptly. Overall we experienced no problems at all.I would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Crystal L,

Thanks for sharing your recent experience; I'm happy to hear you had a clean, comfortable stay and that our staff was able to quickly correct the issue at check-in! It's great to read you plan to return in the future. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit!