“Wonderful Family Time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Pittsburgh
“Wonderful Family Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stay at this hotel twice a year and while there are many other places to stay, this property offers so much more than just a room My family and I enjoy our stay here each time. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Front desk service is outstanding and it's nice when they come out from behind the desk to greet you. Just a little thing that goes a long way. The gentlemen at the front desk was able to get us a higher floor room looking out on to the shoping area and had our extra towels and pillows up to our room shortly after getting checked in. Looking foward to going back in December.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Welcome back! It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed our well- appointed room and accommodating staff. We appreciate you sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. Our team strives to be your hotel of choice when visiting Raleigh North Hills area. We look forward to seeing you December.

Richard Rose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

For the last three years I have stayed at the Renaissance in North Hills for my birthday. It is a lovely hotel and the staff is wonderful. Each time I go I have a pleasant experience. I would suggest requesting a room on the front side of the hotel. I have stayed in both types of rooms and the back side has a lot of traffic noise. The location of the hotel is wonderful. I thoroughly enjoy the shops and atmosphere. It is very inviting and safe. It's a true treasure!

Room Tip: Request a room on front of building to lower traffic noise. Inside the hotel it's very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Tracie S,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your visit to Renaissance Raleigh North Hills. We are happy that you spent another birthday with us. Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority and I appreciate you recognizing our lovely hotel, pleasant staff and wonderful location. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our entire team and thank you again for writing. We hope to welcome you back on your birthday next year!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel was excellent, spacious and comfortable rooms and fruit-infused water in the lobby. The location seems like some kind of modern experiment of creating a 'village' with a town center, shopping, Target, a movie theater, and nearby luxury housing. There was a farmer's market one morning and live music another evening. This is a nice walkable area to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank H E
Dear H E,

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional stay and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very nice comments with our team; they work hard to ensure guests have a pleasant stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and I'm delighted to know you enjoyed the area.

Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This property is situated around shops and restaurants. The rooms are well maintained and the staff was wonderful. I would highly recommend to business travelers, families, and anyone wanting a getaway.

My only negative experience was in the dining room for breakfast. The servers were not very attentive and they are not capable of handling large crowds.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the shops.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We are delighted you took the time to share your kind review; we value your comments. It’s wonderful to know your stay was enjoyable. I appreciate you recognizing our strengths while providing us some areas of opportunity for improvement. Nothing would please us more than a return visit.

Warm Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We ran into a very frustrating situation this weekend. Arrived at another hotel at 7pm with two kids in tow only to discover that they were sold out and had no record of our reservation. We sat in the parking lot for over an hour, calling every hotel in a 10 mile radius and all were booked! In desperation, we called the Renaissance and they had a room! From the lobby on, we felt like we had landed in Heaven. Every staff member was exceptionally nice. The room was spotless and the beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The North Hills area has every amenity you can imagine within walking distance. Great area, great hotel!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Laura Jane C
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Laura Jane C,

I’m so glad we were able to help you resolve a stressful situation! Our team understands and believes that our valued guests deserve a positive memorable stay. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and friendly staff. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the team. I appreciate you taking the time to write; these reviews allow us to continually monitor and improve our guest experience.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Being the first trip my wife and I have had away from our kids, I was wanting to plan the perfect evening. The Renaissance at North Hills held up it's end. Nice hotel. Room was a little smaller than other Renaissance properties I have stayed at. Top notch customer service from the front desk staff and parking attendants. We tried to go to Flights but the entree we wanted was sold out for the night. Over all a very good stay and would do so again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank kissfan003
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to learn that you enjoyed our modern rooms as well as the top notch service from our staff. Please plan to visit us again the next time you need a weekend away!

Kind Regards,
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed at the Renaissance for the weekend just to Getaway. Used the Valet parking and the attendants were wonderful. We left to go out foe dinner and when we came back two hours later he remembered my name. Front desk were very pleasant and check-in went very fast. We had the King Suite with the Jet tube. It was very relaxing and the room was very clean and comfortable. Over all it was a great getaway. I was surprised that the valet parking was only $16.00 a night. That was very reasonable compared to other places I've stayed. The one thing that gets me is You pay $249.00 a night and you still have to pay for internet access. They also will not let use AAA, AARP, or Government discount on the King Rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Wil W
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Wil W,
Many thanks for your reflections on your time with us at Renaissance Raleigh. I'm delighted to hear of the warm hospitality delivered by our staff and the level of comfort you experienced throughout your stay. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your weekend getaway. We hope you'll return for another visit in the future.

Kind regards,