“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #14 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
Kansas
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I always stay at this hotel when in town for business. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is great. I never need to rent a car as the office building is within walking distance as well as many restaurants. I am disappointed in the fact that there is a $9.95 daily fee for wi-fi in the room. Free internet access is pretty standard in most hotels nowadays and for this particular stay, the room cost was $300/night. You would think for that price, wi-fi should be included.

One negative thing about my last trip was the meal I ordered from the Italian restaurant located in the hotel. I wanted to place a takeout order for dinner which had to be done at the bar. The bartender saw that I was waiting but did not offer any assistance. The bar was not even that busy. Finally a waitress who was waiting for her drink orders assisted me in placing my order.

Overall, it was a good stay and will stay here again when in town.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the challenges you experienced at our bar. The property has changed the leadership assigned to that department for an improved guest experience. Please note that the hotel does charge for guest room WIFI. However, free WIFI is available in the lobby for everyone's use.

Raleigh Marriott City Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Raleigh
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stay at a lot of girls r in our travels. We were exited to stay at the Marriott downtown Raleigh, but the place was way over priced and the room service was even worse.
We ordered room service 3 times, and every single time they got out order messed up, and/or left off many things on the order.
Really disappointed by our 2 day stay.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Davidgarner76
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your review and contribution to Trip Advisor. We appreciate all feedback - both positive and negative - as it helps the hotel improve its services.

We regret that you were not satisfied with your sta. I have passed along your comments to our culinary team.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I just stayed 5 nights here to attend a convention at Raleigh Convention Center. The hotel is actually connected to the Convention Center so if you don't like the sun or the rain, you don't need to leave the building to go the convention center. Friendly staff, clean room, very nice bar. One the of closet door knob was broken but it didn't really bother me so I did not report. I am sure they would fix it immediately if I reported. Nice location and downtown Raleigh is very clean also. I have a co-worker who stayed in another hotel nearby and visited this hotel and my room. He switched to this hotel right away.

Room Tip: If you need to stay in downtown Raleigh, this is probably the best one
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your great review of the Raleigh Marriott City Center. We appreciate you taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We value both your feedback and your business.

Best Regards,

Lindstrom, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Overall, excellent hotel and easy to stay at for an extended period.

Had trouble getting one bedside lamp fixed and fix ended up being some electrical tape around the socket. Not a very satisfactory fix from an electrical safety perspective.

I would have preferred a replacement socket for safety reasons.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your contribution to Trip Advisor. I have shared your concerns with our Director of Engineering. I have asked him to look at the use of electrical tape when conducting minor repairs on light sockets.

Again, thank you for your contribution. We appreciate your feedback.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our second stay at this Marriott location within a year. Good experience during the first stay, even better this time around!

Husband and I stayed here last weekend for a party event and we had a great experience. (This, after a not so great Marriott experience in another state, has helped to restore our faith in them). We enjoyed the staff, service and our room.

As we waited for assistance upon check-in, the line of waiting customers was a bit disorganized and another customer walked up past us, as to line-jump. We remained silent. With all of the hustle and bustle of the 5 staff behind the counter, we didn't know how things would go. The next available rep extended her hands directly to us to walk up for service. I appreciated her acknowledgement and being aware of what was going on in her surroundings even though it was busy.

We were on the concierge floor had a lovely, clean room with two extremely comfortable beds. We also enjoyed complimentary access to snacks and beverages along with a full hot breakfast the next morning, including eggs, bacon, grits, fruit and yogurt. There was no in-room microwave or refrigerator, however, an ice machine was nearby for items we needed to keep cold. A nice-to-have amenity but not a deal breaker for us without the kids. They had tubes of hand-soap instead of a bar which made hand-washing a bit awkward, I like the bars better though.

There was an additional charge for Wi-Fi which is a consideration if you need it for business.

If you are attending an event at the connected Raleigh Convention Center and need to book a hotel, this would be your best choice. It was convenient to visit our room during the event without ever having to go outside.

Valet along with garage self-parking is available. After arriving I realized I left something behind and needed to leave. Parking was free for first 15 minutes, and of course by then, I was at the 17 minute mark....it was annoying that I had to pay, but it was what it was...first thirty minutes free would be nice.

I definitely recommend this Marriott location and we'll look forward to our next stay here.

Room Tip: Opt for the concierge level floor, very nice!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LPShareTube
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your review. All guests considering the Raleigh Marriott City Center need to be aware that parking is owned by the City of Raleigh. Guest self parking is a transaction between the City and the vehicle owner. The hotel cannot control City rates or policies. The Marriott does lease spots from the City for the valet parking amenity. But again, the hotel does not control the parking deck policies.

The Marriott does provide free WIFI in the lobby area of the hotel. Meeting and Guest Room WIFI that does have greater bandwidth has an associated fee.

The reason I mention this is that we want all of our guests to be well informed before you make your arrangements. This way there will be no negative surprises.

Thanks again for your review.

Boston
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel in a good, walkable location. Well kept and clean. Friendly staff. There is free wifi in the lobby, but in this day and age it really should be available in the guest rooms, too. Even the budget chains are providing it now.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your review. Please see the above response relative to WIFI that is free to guests!

Manahawkin, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We came into town for a concert for my daughter. We stayed extra time because we enjoyed the hotel and city so much. This hotel had by far the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. We were on the concierge floor and it was well worth the extra money for the amenities offered.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thanks for your review. We are two blocks from the Red Hat Amphitheater, less than ten miles to PNC Arena, Koko Booth and Walnut Creek.

Raleigh is rapidly becoming a hot spot for music. Come check us out!