“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Front Royal, VA
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and have no complaints. All staff we encountered were helpful and courteous and everything was CLEAN. That's a biggie for me! The bed was so comfy, I wish I could have taken it home with me. The location was great and we were able to walk to everything we wanted to do. The fitness center was one of the best equipped ones I've seen. Great!! The only negative is that they charge $9.95/day for internet service. I expect most places to offer it free these days.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 7 September 2010

My boyfriend and I decided to stay at this hotel because we heard the location and facilities were fabulous! Well, we heard right! The hotel is in the heart of everything and you can walk pretty much anywhere you want to go. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are spacious and clean, and the restaurant/bar area is very nice! We had a great weekend and only had three complaints regarding the service: 1) We were confirmed and checked into a double bedded room but when we arrived it was actually a king so we had to go back downstairs and request another room....which really wasn't a huge deal, just annoying. 2) This was the MOST frustrating thing EVER for me! I HATE HATE HATE seeing staff lounging around while on the clock. While the valet was very busy and consistently running cars, I looked over to notice one of the valet's sitting on the park bench on the front drive while his peers were retrieving cars and parking guests. Seriously annoying!!!! 3) When I went down for brunch on Sunday morning the hostess couldn't have seemed MORE annoyed with me and the fact she had to be at work so early...I didn't even make any special requests, just asked for a seat for one! This was pretty shocking since I was paying $20 for a buffet breakfast!!!!!!!

Other than that this location was fabulous and I would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2010

We stayed here for a one-night getaway from the kids. The hotel is clean and well-maintained. Typical high-quality Marriott product. Raleigh is not typically known as a happening downtown, but we ate at a nice restaurant, had beers afterward at a fun bar and ended the evening with a walk down a surprisingly vibrant Fayetteville Street. We would highly recommend this Marriott if you visit Raleigh -- one of the best in the city!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Even though I was perturbed by not having my room ready when I checked in at 4:30pm, I'm still giving this hotel a 4 star because the room was so spacious and comfortable. From the bed to the drapery to the great bathroom, it was first class. My biggest gripe is that my room wasn't ready - a king-bed room I confirmed online months in advance. Upon check-in, they offered me a "handicap" room with king, so I said OK. I found that it was right next to the ice machine/vending room, so I told them I need to move. They finally offered me a king room on a lower floor - the 4th where the pool and fitness ctr are, with a view of the ugly concrete roof. But I just shut the curtains and not look out. While the headboard was great because it was equipped with 2 tiny reading lights, one was broken. They didn't provide any bath gel, and there was no bath vent. What is really galling is that this first-class hotel charges for wireless access, as well as use of the business center! Come on now, let's rise up, people! In this day and age, why are these so-called first class hotels still nickeling and diming us??

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Ft. Bragg NC
Reviewed 3 July 2010

My husband and I spent fathers day weekend at this hotel and found it to be a great location for a weekend getaway. Walking distance to resturants and a short drive the everything else.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Gurgaon
Reviewed 2 July 2010

I booked this hotel as part of the conference and stayed there for 5 noghts. The stay was very conmfortable. The service was good.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I stayed at the City Center in Raleigh for 3 nights and it was wonderful. The room were clean and the beds were like sleeping on a cloud. They had a flat panel TV and all the hookups needed if you wanted to connect your laptop to big screen. The reason I gave it 4 stars was because the wireless was HORRIBLE. It was like going back to 56k modem. Also the room service menu could have been better. The house restaurant has an Italian theme and I not real big on Italian food. But there is a restaurant down the street called "The Big Easy", definitely make it a stop.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business