“delicious lunch”
Review of Coquette Brasserie

Coquette Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Coquette Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 1,464 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Six Forks
Transit: The local bus system has a stop less than 100 yards away from our door.
Description: Welcome to Coquette- a true French brasserie located in Raleigh's North Hills. Coquette, continuously open through the day and well into the night, pleases from the moment you enter. Chef Beth Littlejohn prepares top notch food with French flair and serves it in hip surroundings to a clientele ready to settle in for fun with friends. Coquette features an exclusively French wine list, the best of beers, and classic French cocktails. Traditional brasserie meals are accompanied by crusty, fresh house made breads and memorable desserts. Coquette is North Hills' only French restaurant located on the Circle. This French Raleigh restaurant offers lunch, dinner, brunch, and private event dining daily in a spectacular French setting. Bon appetit!
east coast
“delicious lunch”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stopped in here for a late lunch. Unfortunately, it was too hot for outdoor seating. The interior is just a large open room. We were not in France so did not expect authentic French cooking. However, our selections were delicious. The bread was delightful. The French Onion soup was very tasty. The turkey baguettes were great & the portion was large for lunch. The chicken crepe was just OK, however, the seafood crepe was excellent-adequate seafood & nice sauce. The wait staff was friendly & helpful.
Overall, it is a nice shopping center restaurant.

• Visited June 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wonderful mussels”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our table was ready when we arrived. I used Urbanspoon to make the reservation. We had escargot as a starter followed by salads of mixed greens. I enjoyed the dressing. My wife particularly enjoyed the poached egg on her salad. My wife ordered scallops and I had mussels. The mussels offering was generous, the scallops were a little light in quantity. A tin of fries came with my meal. The chef could learn something from McDonalds about how to make edible fries. Service was attentive. My water glass was kept full and a second bread offering was provided for me to dip in the mussel broth. For dessert I had their version of a peach cobbler. Excellent flavor. It came with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The ice cream was a little icy for my taste.

Seating is a little cramped for couple seating. One has to focus to avoid becoming involved with the conversation at the next table 18" over to the right an left. Our tab came to $113 including one carafe of wine. The coffee was fresh and hot.

• Visited June 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“Great service and food. Watch your payment source later!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My Husband, Mother and I enjoyed a lovely lunch May 12th. We have dined here several times and were not dissapointed..............until I looked at the checking account from which we used a debit card to pay for the meal $93.12. The amount was drafted the day we ate there and then again on May 16th. I have contacted the General Manager by e-mail and phone and have been told it was a glitch with thier new system, however, she told me that anyone who dined there on that date and paid with plastic likely had this happen to them as well. She assured me that the charge would be reversed and the owner would be calling everyone affected to explain once things had been corrected. I did receive a call on Tuesday, but as of today (Thursday) the duplicate charge remains. I think that two weeks is more than long enough to correct this error and I doubt we will eat there again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank susan c
UrbanFoodGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Coquette Brasserie, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
We very much understand your frustration in our new system's mistake, and apologize for the delay in refunding your overcharge. We agree that two weeks should have been more than enough to correct the problem (!), unfortunately, it was out of our control to do so.
Now that the refund has been settled, I hope you will reconsider your decision to not visit us again.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your lunch, and would be delighted to help facilitate the possibility of many more lovely Coquette experiences in the future!
We hope to hear from you soon....
Urban Food Group
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Trust me it's not French”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

A totally confused waitstaff. I'm in Paris once a year and the waitstaff is trying to explain to me my order. And totally wrong. Frites are loaded with salt. Don't even try.... Save your money this place is nog worth it. Best part if the whole nite is the bread. Sad they had to go downhill.

2 Thank STANTONSEE
North Carolina
“Delightful bridesmaid luncheon”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Luncheon hosted by my best friend for my daughter and her attendants here at Coquette and it couldn't have been better for menu selection, service, attentive server and the variety selected by the party was all delicious! Wonderful memory.

• Visited May 2014