“For the price I can't really complain.”

Motel 6 Raleigh Southwest - Cary
Ranked #65 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Hammonton, New Jersey
“For the price I can't really complain.”
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

I find myself often saying this looks nothing like what the website described. That was not the case with this motel. It looked exactly like the pictures on the websites.

pros: The young lady at the desk was very courteous, friendly, and helpful. She got me checked in quickly and was thorough. When I walked in I was hit with the smell of bleach. While not especially pleasant it did tell Mr the room was at least attempted to be cleaned. The floors were swept and mopped no dark spots on my socks. Shower clean bed sheets were changed.

Cons: a little noisy with the hustle and bustle of people outside. The echo in the broom is really bad. There are plastic wood floors and nothing to catch the sound. The water pressure in the shower was horrible. I was able to shower but it wasn't a great shower.

After the bleach smell was aired out, and we got comfy it was a nice stay. Brie less than $50 you can't really expect more for that price. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank MichHolz H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This place is very clean and nice looking, although I overheard a woman ahead of me at check-in requesting a room change due to a broken faucet. The desk clerk immediately gave her a new room with the same features as the room she had initially paid for. Our room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The beds felt like new, firm but soft. The blankets and sheets were soft and clean, the bedspread was in good condition. There was no noise to disturb us while we slept, which was great after 4 noisy nights at the hotel we stayed at on vacation (also a Motel 6, but not as nice as this one). A great value.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JordonN
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

We have had great luck with Motel 6 in the last year or so, and this franchise was no exception. The location is OK; very blue collar. No more and no less. I definitely felt safe. The thing I REALLY liked about this motel was the laminate floor. A lot of inexpensive motels have a hard time keeping the floors clean with carpeting. But with the laminate, it is MUCH easier to keep clean and it SHOWS. Very refreshing, clean smell and my bare feet were happy. If in the area again, we WILL be back! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the WiFi was really patchy. Sometimes online and sometines not. Aside from that, GREAT!

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Logan C
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Conscientious management and friendly staff went the extra mile to provide quality service during my multiple-week stay here (Summer 2012). Nicely maintained (and recently refurbed), clean accommodations at an unbeatable price. Another reviewer's comments re: absence of nearby restaurants, etc. is incorrect. There are a TON of restaurants, retail stores and a cinema all within a 15 minute walk (or less) of the motel. Close to Raleigh without the unnecessary expense (do you really need sample bottles of hair conditioner?) or congestion. Add free Wi-Fi and a swimming pool into the equation and how can you go wrong? A+! :-)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ross B
san diego, ca
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This was a comfortable and cozy place to stay after a long hard day's work. The room was clean and spacious and I had everything that I needed. The staff was helpful and courteous. I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Midway stop for my drive down south. An older property and an average Motel 6 in many ways. Exit signs from highway can be confusing. Only a convenience store/gas station nearby so you wil have to drive to another exit to find food.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Stayed here again on April 28, 2011. The bed had black hairs between the sheets and on the pillows. There were also a few of the same hairs in the bath tub. Can't help but wonder if the bedding was ever changed or just remade after the last customer. It was late when we arrived so we just slept on top of the beds with clothes on and showered the next morning and left.
I will not stay here again, There was obvious prostitution and other mischeif going on at this place during the night and wee hours of the morning.
Two police officers were taking strolls around the building. I witnessed this first hand.
This should tell us something. Although this hotel is very close to one of my accounts that I work on a regular basis I think I'll just do a little extra driving next time and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Raleigh
Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary
Super 8 Raleigh
Super 8 Raleigh
#57 of 86 in Raleigh
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary

Been to Motel 6 Raleigh Southwest - Cary? Share your experiences!