“Wouldn't stay here again”

Motel 6 Raleigh Southwest - Cary
Ranked #70 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Wouldn't stay here again”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I chose this motel because of the value and it was pet friendly. The room was okay. But it took a whole to cool off with the AC. There was no wifi available on that side if the building. The next morning housekeeping was in the room next door. We were loading our vehicle and instead of going to another room until we were done they stood there waiting for us. I felt very rushed. I had not even checked out yet.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Should've gotten it when the guy at the main Reservations # said "he couldn't comment on any Motel 6 Property that he hadn't personally been to". Horrible Experience. We left next AM after checking in due to: Mexicans staring/following us around whole time there, prostitutes on balconies, fights breaking out in rear lot in near closed restaurant. ppl driving drunk @2am & blasting music in cars all night, disgusting bathroom & shower, hearing hookers thru THIN room walls, AWFUL painful see-thru "towels" & "linen", the greedy Indian owner dumping a whole bucket of chlorine into pool while guests were in it (!). The Indian wife said No Refunds when we left. Never given fridge/micro combo we reserved (not that we'd even touch it).we only dared to book this dump bc of the pool--which wasn't that bad..but was full of other ppl complaining about the same & even worse. Horrid place. The CEO of this joke of a "motel chain" refused to give a refund-w/no explanation--way to do buiness. I will be calling the Health Dept on this hole, although I'm sure it's been on their hot list for years. This Motel 6 poses a huge safety & health risk for citizens. This place needs to be shut down. RUN--DON'T WALK.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Udontsayy
Raleigh
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I decided to stay in this place simply because it was close to the airport. I will not make the same mistake again! We pulled up to check in around 11 pm and there were people hanging off the balconies. It was pretty evident they were waiting for a call girl. I had a flight at 6 am, so I just checked in and stayed. When I went to check out at 4:30 am, there was urine in the elevator and four police squads outside the office. Ugh! Never again!
I will say the room was clean and comfortable. I was surprised there was a fridge and microwave. There was no hair dryer though.

• Stayed July 2013
Swanquarter, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Per the last few reviews of this place... everyone was satisfied. HOW? I have stayed in cheaper places that were a lot cleaner and nicer. It was noisy. It was dirty. The shower wasn't clean. The beds were hard and the pillows... the pillows were like bags of hard cotton balls. The walls and ceilings had stuff stuck on them... not water stains... stuff. I usually do not write such bad reviews. I usually try to find some good. I can't. I won't be staying at this place again. And their rule of "no refunds after 10 minutes" is the biggest thing against this place. So, evidently there is another Motel 6 on Buck Jones Rd.... cause the reviews do not match up with the Motel 6 I was at last night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hydencgirl
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I travel a lot. I'm in sales. Economy motels can be disappointing to abysmal. The Cary Motel 6 has set a new standard of excellence in my experience. The staff is always available and very gracious. The grounds are well lit, safe, and clean. I even looked at an Extended Stay Hotel in the area and realized what a great deal I had here. I've stayed here several times in different rooms and have always been satisfied. And one final advantage - location. Every conceivable store, shop, restaurant, and service center is within a short drive. My advice is don't wait until the last minute to book, they may be full.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lyndon S
Hammonton, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

I find myself often saying this looks nothing like what the website described. That was not the case with this motel. It looked exactly like the pictures on the websites.

pros: The young lady at the desk was very courteous, friendly, and helpful. She got me checked in quickly and was thorough. When I walked in I was hit with the smell of bleach. While not especially pleasant it did tell Mr the room was at least attempted to be cleaned. The floors were swept and mopped no dark spots on my socks. Shower clean bed sheets were changed.

Cons: a little noisy with the hustle and bustle of people outside. The echo in the broom is really bad. There are plastic wood floors and nothing to catch the sound. The water pressure in the shower was horrible. I was able to shower but it wasn't a great shower.

After the bleach smell was aired out, and we got comfy it was a nice stay. Brie less than $50 you can't really expect more for that price. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank MichHolz H
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This place is very clean and nice looking, although I overheard a woman ahead of me at check-in requesting a room change due to a broken faucet. The desk clerk immediately gave her a new room with the same features as the room she had initially paid for. Our room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The beds felt like new, firm but soft. The blankets and sheets were soft and clean, the bedspread was in good condition. There was no noise to disturb us while we slept, which was great after 4 noisy nights at the hotel we stayed at on vacation (also a Motel 6, but not as nice as this one). A great value.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JordonN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
Best Western Plus Cary Inn - NC State
DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary

Been to Motel 6 Raleigh Southwest - Cary? Share your experiences!