“Get what you pay for”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh
Ranked #70 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a cheap hotel... you did not reserve a room at the Ritz, so right off the bat your expectations should be lower. The room was clean, but I didn't get to spend much time in it. Beds were ok, I wish I had my own pillows! We were in Room 110. not the nicest neighborhood. Do not use the taxi drivers waiting outside the hotel These are not legit taxi drivers, ours didn't even turn the meter on he just gave us a flat rate to drive 5 miles down the road it was $22 and he picked up another group on the way and charged them the same rate! What a scam!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Michael F, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Reviewed 24 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Michael F, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Reviewed 11 August 2013

As soon as I walked into the room, there was an odor but the air conditioner was not on so I figured this was because of the mugginess/humidity maybe. The carpet near the air conditioner was somewhat damp and I'm not sure what that was. Hopefully it was the air conditioner leaking and no other substance. Let's see where do I start:
1. In the bathroom, the light/vent was very dirty/dusty and looked like it had not been cleaned in I don't know how long. The caulking around the toilet was very noticeable and not aesthetically pleasing at all. The sink did not have any hot water.
I checked in very late at night (after midnight) so I really didn't notice a lot of things until the next morning
2. The room itself looked okay but areas of the wall had holes that looked like it was very poorly patched up.
3. The back of the recliner chair that was at the desk was DISGUSTING. There were all kinds of stains and marks and rips. When I looked at the seat of the chair itself there were cigar wrappers and pieces of cigar shavings or whatever you call them (now mind you this is supposed to be a non smoking room)
4. There was a hug slug or some other kind of animal crawling on the floor when I got out of the shower.

I swear it looked like my room had not been cleaned or did the absolute bare minimum.

I did not try nor did I want to try breakfast so I cannot comment on that. My room had a view of a brick wall. The room did have a microwave and refrigerator. That morning I talked to the front desk clerk and told him about the condition of the room and the stay in general and he said he would have the manager get back to me. Well, this was a week ago and I have heard nothing from the manager. I guess I will be calling him tomorrow.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Princess Y, Recently we did a very good update to all of our rooms. Please send me an email, and I will do my best to make you satisfied Thanks so much for your such a very helpful review, and hope to see you again at our property. GM

Reviewed 31 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My fiance took me here for my birthday. We walked in the room and the carpet was filthy for one. Once the door closed behind us, the door didn't have the security latch for the door. It had looked like someone had kicked the door in because there was a hole in the wall. We should have left then, but decided to stay. It gets worst, the bed smelled like rotten eggs!!!! the front desk person said housekeeping was gone for the night but he could give us clean sheets, WTH!!! Then the light went out in the bathroom at that moment I had had enough. The front desk person said he would move us to a suite, it was nice. Thank god my fiance checked the door before we left, it wouldn't lock!! anybody could have walked in. He insisted we stay, when we asked to speak to the manager they referred us to his email address. NEVER STAY AT THIS PLACE, ITS A DUMP!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple