“The air condition was broken”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh
Ranked #68 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh
“The air condition was broken”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The air condition made a lot of noise and was broken. The the first floor and the elevator was stink

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The pictures make this place look nice. The price is wonderful. But its cheap for a reason. This hotel was grungy and dirty. The room is so small you can barely walk around the bed. The tv was tiny. And the whole floor we stayed on smelled like weed our whole visit. Me and my bf swear we had a contact high. So smelly and nasty

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Well this is the first time I ever did this, walking out on a hotel. My wife and I booked this hotel having great experiences at Microtels in the past. This was our first time at this hotel. The hotel's parking lot is shared with a gas station. I thought this would be great to gas up and go for the next morning, but it also attracted a lot of shady people just loitering out near the entrance of the hotel and side entrance. I thought nothing of it initially. As I approached the hotel lobby, I noticed that the window was open and could feel the humidity as soon as I walked in. Ok the air condition isn't working, that could be a problem. Checked in at the hotel, and the clerk seemed lax with his job and explained check out procedures and gave us directions to our room at the very end of the hall. As we walked through the halls, we could smell the carpets being very musty. We opened the hotel room and it was very dark and drab. The hotel room bed looked exactly like in the picture, but the smell was unbearable. Felt like I was in a room filled with dirty socks. I could see the expression on my wife's face of having to endure the night. I walked into the bathroom and found the tub wasn't clean, with several hairs in it as well as the bed after lifting up the covers. It wasn't going to happen. We were in a rush to go to another event. I told her not to worry about it, we paid a small amount of money, we grabbed our bags, left the key in the room and booked another hotel as we went to our event. It was a horrible experience. The atmosphere was so bad, couldn't stand the smell or humidity, and the room was not cleaned. Didn't want to even try a new room or argue it. Don't come here. Compared to the microtel I've experienced elsewhere, it's a shame this has the same name. I've been to tolerable hotels for the same price, but this was just too much.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I should have read all the reviews before I stayed here but I had been driving all day and was exhausted! It is misleading because the outside looks allright and price was decent so I booked a night. The room was a nightmare! The furniture was falling apart, the box springs on bed stained, the comforter had holes in it, the walls and doors were filthy and the carpet had stains everywhere!! It was the most disgusting places I have ever stayed at! I have stayed at cheaper places that were way better! There is no excuse for filthy! I will never stay at a Microtel again!

Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here with a friend this week due to it's proximity to Walnut Creek Amphitheatre. That proximity was about the only good thing I could say. Upon checking in, we were assigned to a room that already had someone in it. When we went back to the desk to let them know, the man working there acted as if he didn't believe us. The room we finally did get was not up to par. The door did not seem secure at all, the bathroom was nowhere near the condition that was pictured. There was also a large hairball next to the coffee pot. Breakfast was some mediocre baked goods, yogurt and cereal. The cleaning staff was getting food from the breakfast area when we went, and one staff member allowed my friend to clean up milk that the staff member spilled. Luckily we had only booked this place as a place to crash after the concert we were attending at Walnut Creek.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends