“Excellent Hotel in Raleigh, NC”

Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Ranked #4 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersBronze level
United States
“Excellent Hotel in Raleigh, NC”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff at the hotel were, excellent. The breakfast was filling and the quality of the food was good. The price of the room was fair. The outdoor area was relaxing and comfortable to sit at. This hotel is worth staying at if you are in the Raleigh area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Tamara B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2014

OK, so my husband and I travel up and down the east coast with our Labrador Retriever. It's very hard to find a hotel that meets our standards and allows you to bring your dog. This is now "our place".

On our way down to Florida, we stayed in a hotel in SC thinking the rates were cheaper and it was easy access to and from I95... well, let me tell you... The only thing nice about that hotel was the clean sheets, and the easy access to I95.

Coming back up to the Northeast, we decided to go 30 minutes out of our way to The Hampton Inn (PNC area) and were nearly gleeful that we did. I can't say enough about the friendly staff, the cleanliness of the room, and the space in the room, even when I set up our Lab's soft crate. It was quiet and worth every minute of the extra 30 minutes to get there. We HIGHLY recommend responsible dog owners to frequent this hotel. You will not be sorry!

Room Tip: Let the receptionist know ahead of time you prefer a first floor room when with your pet and it will...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maryann R
New York, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great hotel...outstanding...great value...what more can you ask? The room was clean, comfortable. Staff was helpful and attentive. The value is 2nd to none and the free breakfast has everything you need. Don't even bother looking for another hotel, stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Oak Island, NC, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Loved the hotel...front desk, lobby, room all clean and inviting. Room was cleaned every day, and clean sheets put on the bed. Breakfast was a "real" breakfast, not just a couple of waffle irons and a coffee pot. Happy hour was well-appointed with salty snacks, chips/salsa, even cookies...and bartender remembered my drink of choice after the first time there. But the best part...while working at the lobby computer mid-afternoon one day, I began to smell the most wonderful aroma, and realized that there were warm cookies laid out in the lobby near the coffee pot! Seriously! What more can you ask for? I'll definitely make this hotel my "home away from home" when I'm in the Raleigh area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Almost missed flight!! Requested a 4 a.m. wake up call, never rang to our room!!! No apology from employee as we checked out!! He handed us our breakfast to go bags and we dashed to the airport. If you aren't on a schedule, great, book here. Otherwise, bring some sort of alarm to wake you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Virginia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The typical Hampton Inn experience here. If you have been to a Hampton before, you know what to expect. The hotel was very clean, inside and out, including the lobby, dining area, and room. Check-in was quick, but they gave us the wrong room. We reserved a two room suite, and were originally given a single room. They quickly fixed the error, so no issues there. We were there for three days, and each morning we ate their breakfast. It's not fine dining, but it's beyond convenient, and everyone got their fill. They had waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, juices, coffee, etc.. I know what to expect, so no issues here at all either.

We had two issues that should immediately be addressed. First, the pull out sofa bed that our boys slept on had an incredibly thin mattress and they said it was very uncomfortable. It looked like the cheapest mattress you could ever put in a sofa bed. Totally unacceptable there, and we brought it to their attention when we checked out. Second, the water pressure in the shower was pitiful. They put on a nozzle with different spray adjustments that they believe will appeal to the masses, but it does not. Regardless of the spray selection, the water pressure was just absolutely weak. The hotel believes they're saving water, but all they're doing is forcing their guests to take much longer showers. And they're aggravating their guests in the process. Water pressure in the shower is a key element in the overall quality/experience of the hotel IMO, and hotels without it get a lower review from me.

Every employee we came in contact with was nice, polite, and attentive.

This hotel is in a great location, very close to I-40, and has a Shell gas station right next door, so that is convenient. There are many dining options a short drive away.

I might stay here again in the future, but might opt for another place looking for better water pressure. If they fixed that issue, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
albuqurque, nm
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel is an excellent mid-price hotel. Rooms are very nice, clean and quiet. The staff, from front desk to the room maids were all friendly and very helpful. Of those hotels serving complimentary breakfasts, this is one of the better ones I've stayed with. The only negative I can come up with, is parking is a little tight along the front and one side of the building, but there is plenty of parking you just have to walk a little. In addition to the convenient location, there is a gas station and convenience store just next door.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends