“Very Nice Place to stay.”

Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very Nice Place to stay.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were there for the weekend and found this hotel a wonderful place to stay. Friendly staff, particularly the check in staff made the arrival very pleasant. The rooms were large and inviting. King bed was very comfortable. The breakfast served was very good. They had 3 waffle makers which made it convenient. Many hotels have only one making for a long line waiting to get waffles.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Charlottesville, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here for a wedding over the weekend. The lobby was spacious and well decorated, the staff very friendly and helpful, the room clean and smelled fresh. Neutrogena soap was a nice touch. We had a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Holland, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Pros - I have stayed in this area a couple of times and this is the nicest hotel yet. Any staff we encountered were very friendly & polite; even outgoing. Room was clean and furnishings in good condition. Train and traffic nearby yet we never heard any of it inside of our room. We had a deluxe room with whirlpool tub, refrigerator, stove, sink, microwave, and dishwasher. Very generous space as bedroom was separate from living and kitchen areas. Grounds were well kept. Nice outdoor seating area near the pool. Overall, we had a good experience and would likely stay here again if we should return to the area. Cons - Umbrella's in pool area are worn and difficult to raise, but the pool only opened recently (the water was a bit cool) so they may be planning on addressing those. Typical hotel hot breakfast buffet - good but not outstanding. Overall, nothing that would keep us away from returning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Martin S
United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff at the hotel were, excellent. The breakfast was filling and the quality of the food was good. The price of the room was fair. The outdoor area was relaxing and comfortable to sit at. This hotel is worth staying at if you are in the Raleigh area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Tamara B
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2014

OK, so my husband and I travel up and down the east coast with our Labrador Retriever. It's very hard to find a hotel that meets our standards and allows you to bring your dog. This is now "our place".

On our way down to Florida, we stayed in a hotel in SC thinking the rates were cheaper and it was easy access to and from I95... well, let me tell you... The only thing nice about that hotel was the clean sheets, and the easy access to I95.

Coming back up to the Northeast, we decided to go 30 minutes out of our way to The Hampton Inn (PNC area) and were nearly gleeful that we did. I can't say enough about the friendly staff, the cleanliness of the room, and the space in the room, even when I set up our Lab's soft crate. It was quiet and worth every minute of the extra 30 minutes to get there. We HIGHLY recommend responsible dog owners to frequent this hotel. You will not be sorry!

Room Tip: Let the receptionist know ahead of time you prefer a first floor room when with your pet and it will...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maryann R
New York, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great hotel...outstanding...great value...what more can you ask? The room was clean, comfortable. Staff was helpful and attentive. The value is 2nd to none and the free breakfast has everything you need. Don't even bother looking for another hotel, stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Oak Island, NC, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Loved the hotel...front desk, lobby, room all clean and inviting. Room was cleaned every day, and clean sheets put on the bed. Breakfast was a "real" breakfast, not just a couple of waffle irons and a coffee pot. Happy hour was well-appointed with salty snacks, chips/salsa, even cookies...and bartender remembered my drink of choice after the first time there. But the best part...while working at the lobby computer mid-afternoon one day, I began to smell the most wonderful aroma, and realized that there were warm cookies laid out in the lobby near the coffee pot! Seriously! What more can you ask for? I'll definitely make this hotel my "home away from home" when I'm in the Raleigh area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business